water containers for camping

ianmayco68

Hi all , has anyone tried those collapsible water containers ? I'm going to start carp fishing again and they would be ideal fill them and take them to your swim and then when they're empty fold them flat and pack them away in the bivvy  after a few days out fishing .

cheers Ian

I tried one once Ian but they don't really last long and leak from the corners of the creases.

To replace I bought an ex-military black plastic water jerry can. It doesn't collapse but it's nigh on indestructible and holds 20l of good home hard water so your tea will taste the same 😊

HTH

Mo

Cheers all , yes Mike the square ones , saw them on eBay and thought they looked a good idea for when I go night fishing . But as all of you have said they split which ain’t good  , yes Mo you’ve got to have your tea when your out camping will have a look for a couple of those .

cheers Ian 

I've always gone with the NATO 20-litre black water-jerricans. Anchor Surplus in Nottingham were selling them off cheap a while back.

[Note: in an emergancy - filled to the brim with water and with the caps screwed-down tight four of them can support a Defender-90's rear corner!]

I have one of the ortelieb ones which is good if you want to go light weight, or easy packing, but they are a bit awkward to fill. I also have a nalgene cantene which is a bit stiffer, but a bit easier to fill Cantene.

Both of these are robust, and no leaks after years of use.

If space isn't an issue, I too find the Nato black ones great.

Space not really an issue , would have been easier to transport to your swim as most lakes you have to park away from the water and some are a good walk but no good if they’re prone to leaking no good having a flooded bivvy and can’t be doing with fiddly things . So thanks all for the info , but I think I will get a couple of nato ones as they seem to be the best and more robust.

cheers Ian