Where’s your Snow pictures?

DC_

The normal hay delivery couldn't get through, so the rural life support machine did its thing:

I8GYXWw.jpg

jr3kvLj.jpg

The little sankey behaved so well on treacherous roads, I was very impressed. 

It did amuse me having a mini snow drift inside the window in the morning:

ziBVQGt.jpg

Blew in through the tiny gap between the two window panes. 

• Like 2

Counted 30 fieldfare at my parents (Quattro just out of shot), then got home and counted 50 in my garden!

Managed to get the Audi beached today, first time ever stuck!  Friendly farmer towed me outIMG_20180302_120346.thumb.jpg.f62e025a250ac1f601ebebecfb5675a5.jpg

Good roads.....

IMG-20180302-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.6790f961d1b393fb5056e6913edbcd04.jpeg

And some nice drifts....

IMG-20180302-WA0011.thumb.jpeg.653719be01ec29b78b64eb07ee8775c3.jpeg

All good fun and made it around in one piece, corners are a joy ;)

• Like 1

Pushed 4 cars to turn them around on Thursday. Think they were surprised to see the occupant of a Defender with winch get out and push rather than tow. But from previous experience by the time they (if they) find the tow eye I'm better of having pushed them by hand. Conclusion of the morning, on average (in the SE) , the general public are ungrateful and haven't a clue how to drive. One chap couldn't even turn the steering wheel the right way when reversing. 

Spent last night and this morning ferrying mid wives to and from the hospital. Heated seats and the two dogs in the L322 went down a treat. They and I have just had a nice nap on the sofa to make up for it.

No Land Rover pictures but do have this from this morning after dropping the last lass off at home.

DSC_0053.thumb.JPG.679e315a29e87720a22f780706908df4.JPG

10 point to anyone who recognises the area.

• Like 1

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

I had to go into Bromsgrove today so that our 9 year old little one could buy a birthday present for her friend. I decided to drive the long way back via the (tarmac) lanes between Stoke Prior, Tardebigge and Finstall. Impressive snow drifts in places up to 4 ft deep! The local farmers have cleared most of the lanes.  Apologies for the poor quality phone pics, but Leah did the best she could!

Edited by Steve King
  • Like 3

Took these yesterday when I took the wife shopping , we didn't have lots of snow but as always happens by us when it snows and the wind is in a certain direction it all ends up in the road .

5a9c66ff5c3e3_snow1.jpg.950fc37e7853046ccd39444e0efcc863.jpg5a9c6706528f4_snow5.jpg.44c745c43d4a152bccbbb12ad3bed3a8.jpgsnow2.jpg.50e15fec2deeb1f914bf29fc41b3965c.jpgsnow3.jpg.a4c5dd7f88c4a2ba0638939f6d3bed05.jpgsnow4.jpg.14956500775086ba8ea6f19b38bf2dd5.jpgsnow6.jpg.abcbeef790dc38763d6d9b34c7fa61e4.jpg

The photo's are brill wife took them on her phone .

If it's anything like my trip to Yorkshire last weekend then lockers will only get you more stuck :blush:

Mate was having trouble getting through some drifts on a lane so managed to swap places so I could go through with slightly taller tyres and rear locker. Ended up getting beached on the snow. All four wheels were actually off the ground and it was being supported by diff on the layer of ice on the snow.

Ended up having to be pulled back a few times. After someone look a wander down the lane we decided to about turn since we were at the lower end of up to a 6ft drift... 

We had all our snow on Friday, started properly half an hour before I left work. Was in the Merc, not too much trouble with good winter tyres. Some fun with the ESP "disabled".

By the time I picked up the Range Rover on Saturday, this was all that was left :(

ysBNxr6h.jpg

onJHEkdh.jpg

4 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

If it's anything like my trip to Yorkshire last weekend then lockers will only get you more stuck :blush:

Mate was having trouble getting through some drifts on a lane so managed to swap places so I could go through with slightly taller tyres and rear locker. Ended up getting beached on the snow. All four wheels were actually off the ground and it was being supported by diff on the layer of ice on the snow.

Ended up having to be pulled back a few times. After someone look a wander down the lane we decided to about turn since we were at the lower end of up to a 6ft drift... 

Portals and bigger tyres are the sensible solution then... and a V8, they waste that much heat the snow would've melted under you.