TRX4 RC Anyone got one

My mate bought one, it’s teally good if your into that sort of thing but IMO it’s not worth the price. We bought some ftx outlaws together which were £130 each and they are faster and keep up with the trx4 offroad when we locked the rear diff up(free mod).

they are technically impressive though, hi-lo selectable from the remote as are the difflocks and the portal axles are a nice touch.....it even handles like a landrover when you get it going lol

1 minute ago, Cornish Rattler said:

FFS the servo has packed up now and its never seen daylight yet either took it out of the box and tried it a few times in the living room :(

Go through the manual and see about reprogramming the controller. I think my mates did that a few times. Also if he presses the button the esc for the wrong amount of time it will enter some sort of program mode which stops things like servos from receiving 

22 minutes ago, dangerous doug said:

Go through the manual and see about reprogramming the controller. I think my mates did that a few times. Also if he presses the button the esc for the wrong amount of time it will enter some sort of program mode which stops things like servos from receiving 

Yeah he's gone through the reprogramming and still has the same problem, think he's going to contact the shop he bought it from and see what they say, we've readup where peeps replace the std servo for a much better aftermarket one so will have to see :(

I have one, brought it back off holiday. Also have some others. Don't use them a great deal, take them caravanning or to the beach or woods every now and then. There are some really active groups on Facebook that go out most weekends and there are trials etc, even a national championship. There are also indoor off road courses for the fair weather folk :)

Mines been Good, it's downside is it's weight, it's a big old thing compared to the others I have. I've put metal wheels on it to try balance it a bit better too. It's expensive upfront but cheap if you look at the cost of putting a 2 speed box, portal axles and difflocks on an axial kit. 

Put a light kit on it too to amuse the kids :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynic-al said:

I have one, brought it back off holiday. Also have some others. Don't use them a great deal, take them caravanning or to the beach or woods every now and then. There are some really active groups on Facebook that go out most weekends and there are trials etc, even a national championship. There are also indoor off road courses for the fair weather folk :)

Mines been Good, it's downside is it's weight, it's a big old thing compared to the others I have. I've put metal wheels on it to try balance it a bit better too. It's expensive upfront but cheap if you look at the cost of putting a 2 speed box, portal axles and difflocks on an axial kit. 

Put a light kit on it too to amuse the kids :)

Yep he plans to do all that , my plan is to get an uprated servo first before i go and buy a trx4 :D

He's sorted it now, basickly he had and old Traaxas Tmax in the shed and took a chance and used the servo off that and it now works fine the only difference is the steering works slightly slower but he is ordering a much better aftermarket one today but for now its sorted :D

• 2 weeks later...

He has fitted an uprated servo now and sent the duff one to the shop he bought it from and awaiting what they say, he also ordered a load of stuff for it aswell which inc ally bumper's, steel wheels inc bead locker's and tyres and some other stuff which has all arrived except the wheels, anyway here are a couple of pic's with the bumpers fitted :D

20180316_223506.jpg

20180316_223533.jpg

It amazes me how cheap this stuff is too when ordered from China. I've made some uprated parts and bumpers for my sons axial and I often wonder why with the cost of Chinese stuff so long as you don't mind waiting for it to come. Certainly cheaper than the real thing although I have to say not as much fun. Atleast the kids can join in though. :)

7 hours ago, Cynic-al said:

It amazes me how cheap this stuff is too when ordered from China. I've made some uprated parts and bumpers for my sons axial and I often wonder why with the cost of Chinese stuff so long as you don't mind waiting for it to come. Certainly cheaper than the real thing although I have to say not as much fun. Atleast the kids can join in though. :)

Yeah I think you would get a better feel if you used a Go pro or something which would let you see what everything is doing rather than standing up high over the truck and following it, something I mite start doing when I get mine but will see how son's does before then though :)