Discovery3 Xmas tree dash

Discochris

Hi all 

I'm wondering if any one come across this fault  on a tdv6 d3 all started after driving in snow 

suspension drops all special settings turn off(hdc)park brake fault has a Amber p on dash abs lights on and seams sluggish also no speedo

so plugged diagnostic in says left hand rear speed sensor faulty so changed it came up no faults

but still doing it seams to do it when we turn 

any help would be very help full

i gave up on my td5 cuz off the abs problems now this playing up 😡

Thanks chris

IIRC the sensor wiring goes through a big multiway waterproof connector in the nsr wheelarch. Seems a common issue for water to get in there if the connector isnt properly seated - would fit with it starting in the snow as well. Think theres a similar connector in the front wheelarch too, but handbrake fault suggests the rear one to me.

The connector is generally good and well sealed (best connectors Ive seen on any car, let alone a LR) but does seem to be a commonly mentioned source of problems.

Edited by TSD
forgot to mention something

16 hours ago, TSD said:

IIRC the sensor wiring goes through a big multiway waterproof connector in the nsr wheelarch. Seems a common issue for water to get in there if the connector isnt properly seated - would fit with it starting in the snow as well. Think theres a similar connector in the front wheelarch too, but handbrake fault suggests the rear one to me.

The connector is generally good and well sealed (best connectors Ive seen on any car, let alone a LR) but does seem to be a commonly mentioned source of problems.

Thanks for replying I will have a look at them the weekend 

The loom is prone to rubbing through on the plastic shield that is supposed to protect it. They also suffer from corroded retaining clips up the lh rear pillar on the same loom.

I have to say if you couldn't sort out a DII, you are out of the frying pan and straight into the fire with a D3 with this kind of fault,they can be horrible...

Well snow stopped play so gonna have to put up ith it for a little longer its no longer intermittent but on all time now im hoping it just the plugs that have water in them as my diagnostics is saying dynamic control module 😞

im guessing you have to strip half interior out for the retaining clips

the d2 needed burning i changed everything on it an still the abs lights were on even did the bypass on shuttle valve 

Edited by Discochris