Sign in to follow this  
Jon W

Forum relay or 1 way trip?

Hi all

I need to move a defender from near Exeter up to near Warrington. No MOT tax or insurance so it’s a trailer job. It drives so can be put onto a trailer easily.

A long shot I know but Has anyone got any empty load coming up that way that I could pay to bring it up.

or if I hire a trailer does anyone want anything taking down that way as will be empty on the way down so can split costs. 

Alternatively can anyone recommend car transport companies to save me the hassle. 

I don’t have a trailer licence so will either rope a friend or my wife into driving or being passenger with me on L plates, silly licence laws. Or anyone else up for s road trip

Thanks 

Jon

Hi Jon

Can’t help with relay, but when I had the non runner range rover classic donor picked up from Manchester to Cambridge, shipping via shiply quote was £267, to give you an idea of worst case costs.

cheers

Steve

Agree with above no harm in putting it on Shipley for a quote. By the time you'e hired a trailer and paid diesel there and back I doubt there would be much in it. 

Ah yes, a friend had mentioned Shipley, I had forgotten the name of it though! 

Yer would be towing with V8 disco so would be a bit thirsty too

Thanks