Range Rover Classic Swivels

Darren Roberts

HI All,

Swivels are knackered. Ot a spare set but one is completely shot, the other has only a little bit of corrosion. Has anyone had there's refinished?

I know someone who brought the teflon ones and the swivel collapsed on a green lane, and it cost him a fortune to get recovered. Worse case I ws going to shot blast them and refinish with JB Weld unless anyone has any better (and preferably) cat effective solutions.

PS My hardest us the ABS model so the swivels seem much harder to come by.......

cheers

D

For minor corrosion, I applied several coats of paint then sanded it back to smooth the surface. It was a bodge but it stopped the leak for another 6 months.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on JB weld, I have an axle that needs a swivel rebuild.

Harry

Many years ago, when I had not a penny to spare, I used JB Weld for swivel repairs.

My 1972 88" had some sizeable pitts, and they leaked rather well. IIRC I degreased them and bead blasted the corroded areas before applying JB Weld. Sanding this to a smooth and spherical surface took some patience, but the end result was a 100% leak free success :)

28 minutes ago, mickeyw said:

Many years ago, when I had not a penny to spare, I used JB Weld for swivel repairs.

My 1972 88" had some sizeable pitts, and they leaked rather well. IIRC I degreased them and bead blasted the corroded areas before applying JB Weld. Sanding this to a smooth and spherical surface took some patience, but the end result was a 100% leak free success :)

Nice.....