46 minutes ago, uninformed said:

Not only will track rod clearance change at full lock, but also cross articulation.  Check fully articulated and swing lock both ways.

Lock both ways ok and will be if I raise the height a bit, cannot do articulation until under lightweight so might leave them as they are for now.........Thank you regards Stephen

7 hours ago, landroversforever said:

You’re building a one link aren’t you? So articulation won't be an issue. 

I came to that conclusion after I wrote the post just didn't get time to put a reply up, I can put the track bar a lot closer as it's not going to be affected by radius arm twist regards Stephen

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, Stellaghost said:

Thanks for that, will have a look but suspect I will end up ringing them as I want a cylinder that's single acting normally out so that when it operates it pulls in and has a spring return, not that it should need one due to the internal spring on diff, it would also need to be slimline to attach to diff nose regards Stephen

I have a few pneumatic cylinders kicking around that I'd be happy to donate - FFS don't pay RS Components prices for that sort of thing!

I've always wondered abut a concentric clutch release bearing as a difflock actuator for these sliding-collar style lockers.

On the subject of those fiddly needle bearings, can you find a more modern / less faffy alternative that would fit? That's what I've done with a few of the weirder Volvo bearings and seals.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, steve b said:

Any more progress Stephen ? 

Unfortunately not

On 12/22/2021 at 10:02 AM, steve b said:

Not heard from you lately so I hope all is ok?

Thank you for asking

So mog axles have come to a bit of a standstill.......... But only temporarily

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer towards the end of the year, have had an operation but starting chemotherapy tomorrow, hence some stuff had to get put on the back burner due to a change in priorities

In short not many mog posts at the moment, but a little way down the line you will be sick of them lol

Ahh nearly forgot a belated happy Christmas to you all and good health and success with projects in 2022

Regards Stephen

3 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

😢

What you need are a ton of Kinder Bruno’s

Pleeeeeease no  I was a glutton with the first box and then the AA struck again and I've only had two packets of the second box

What you guys don't know is Anderzander pm'd me before Christmas to see if I was ok so He had the good news first, amazingly a box of kinder beuno arrived from the Amazon assassin the very next day

This forum is blessed to have him, a seriously nice guy, who I will endeavour to meet in the future regards Stephen

Really good to hear from you Stephen , I have a good friend that has been through that over last two years and is now fully recovered .

Wishing you the very best attention at the clinic(s) and a good recovery 

Looking forward to further updates in better weather 

Steve

• Thanks 1

I'm not much cop at this so "what they all said" :P

Take care of yourself, and shout if there's anything us lot can do (besides shipping you industrial quantities of Kinder) - you've done plenty for other forumers over the years so you must be owed one or two ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1