7 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

I just can’t get over how massive everything is. 

what do they say? That’ll still be here when just the cockroaches are left. 

Apocalypse Mogweight cockroach squasher, what can I say ??? Regards Stephen

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, steve b said:

Whilst you're not at the point of fitting them just yet , I was wondering what wheels and tyres you are aiming at ? Also what brake discs and calipers ? 

Steve

Do you not remember,  I made some unirover rims and machined some discs out of 2" plate, also bought some 36" super swampers that come in at 36.8".

I'm going to use discovery rear calipers x 6 two on the rear and 4 on the front regards Stephen

32 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Do you not remember,  I made some unirover rims and machined some discs out of 2" plate, also bought some 36" super swampers that come in at 36.8".

I'm going to use discovery rear calipers x 6 two on the rear and 4 on the front regards Stephen

Is there a reason for the 4 calipers on the front rather than using something like a 110 caliper? 

4 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Is there a reason for the 4 calipers on the front rather than using something like a 110 caliper? 

Not really, have had it in my mind for months, one type of pad to cover all regards Stephen

• Like 1

Definitely have days like that. We all do.

One of the best pieces of workshop advice my Dad gave me was how to spot days like that and to stop pushing the river.

Ive still ignored the signs and lost, broken and damaged things though.

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

I think all too many people with long projects push it too hard and then end up getting so hacked off with it they sell up.

Hidden message in there. How much you wanting for your project 90 CSW Ross lol regards Stephen

Edited by Stellaghost
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

Hidden message in there. How much you wanting for your project 90 CSW Ross lol regards Stephen

....you won't need the tyres so if you like I'll come in with you ...after all they are getting old now . 

Steve :)

18 minutes ago, CwazyWabbit said:

Aren't the shafts of drill bits unhardened so the chuck can bite into them?

The one I've used seems to be harder than some of my others, there is also not a lot of movement or spinning as it's for the steering, I figure it will be fine with plenty of grease until I can track something better down regards Stephen

• Like 1

Once when working under my LR in a tarmacadam carpark the tiny detent ball and spring flew out of my socket extension bar.

Being obstinate I decided to look for it. I found the ball but gave up on the spring. Peed off I put the ball back in the bar.

A year later I was back under another LR in the same spot and found the spring but can't put it back as the ball won't come out now!!

• Haha 3

On 6/27/2021 at 11:16 PM, landroversforever said:

How are you finding the bandsaw Stephen?

On 6/27/2021 at 11:22 PM, Stellaghost said:

It's ok a bit slow on the bigger stuff my biggest issue with it is the vice is totally carp but I have a plan for that, when I get time

funny you should ask that when it's just thrown a blade regards Stephen

New blade arrived and fitted, just to add Ross if you are going to get one of these take time in setting blade up and not overly tight on bearing guides ( think that's why blade snapped ) but in hindsight an older, larger second hand saw in serviceable condition would have been the better way to go regards Stephen

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:43 AM, CwazyWabbit said:

Aren't the shafts of drill bits unhardened so the chuck can bite into them?

If this is a steering shaft then, low speed low movement even in its unhardened state the drill bit will outlast Stephen 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:27 AM, Stellaghost said:

Anybody else have those days where you might as well put your tools down, shut the garage door say f..k it and go and have a cuppa

Lol From experiance it will be in the worst spot possible.... in my case under the bench with my scrap metal, floor sweepings and grinder dust.... now there is a caveat to this, it will only have gone here if you check/clean everywhere else first 
There is one other caveat to this, which you have applied... to buy or build a replacement part, the missing roller will now show up (most likely in a rather obvious spot that will leave you wondering how you didn't see it) most likely not long after you have gotten the item assembled 

Good read lol cheers 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2