Mmmmm.... Looks nice but lot's of work!  I almost don't dare to ask... But do it anyway:

Why not laser cut or better (regarding the thickness) of the material waterjet cut?

Also the cilindrical part done on the lathe seems not very strong, for sure less than original. Or is it just for locating some nice thick wall tube and serious bracing will be added?

5 hours ago, Carloz said:

Mmmmm.... Looks nice but lot's of work!  I almost don't dare to ask... But do it anyway:

Why not laser cut or better (regarding the thickness) of the material waterjet cut?

Also the cilindrical part done on the lathe seems not very strong, for sure less than original. Or is it just for locating some nice thick wall tube and serious bracing will be added?

Hmmmm I thrive on.lots of work

I don't have a laser cut or a waterjet machine, however I'm old school, I would file it into shape if that was my only option. I also like the challenge of figuring out how to make stuff with the equipment I have

This is the first time someone has implied that what I make isn't strong enough, in all honesty I would say most think I over engineer what I'm making, anyway, cylindrical part is 38mm diameter and you are correct it will slide into some 50mm x 6mm seamless tube with bracing where I deem necessary

as I've said before please keep your comments coming if nothing else it makes me check my rationale to what I'm trying to achieve

the caveat to this is if it turns out not strong enough I will re-manufacture even stronger regards Stephen

Edited by Stellaghost
Spelling
  • Like 2

There are plenty of aftermarket radius arms I wouldn't put near a truck. I doubt you have anything to worry about. You engineering is on a level with (if a little heavier) the likes of the flying spanners and I saw what they did to their trucks.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Hmmmm I thrive on.lots of work

I don't have a laser cut or a waterjet machine, however I'm old school, I would file it into shape if that was my only option. I also like the challenge of figuring out how to make stuff with the equipment I have

I love that comment, it is about the journey of building it.... the fun of solving the problems 
When you farm out jobs it becomes more about finishing than the journey and in my case takes a bit of sparkle out of the whole project lol keep up the good work 

Oh and I'm with Mike, you have plenty of strength in that.... and worst case if it does go it will bend not brake due to the material choice (the fact you drilled it shows its not something silly like Bis).... my only piont of interest is the bushes, your going to get an increased leverage due to the portals, it will be interesting to see how long there service life is 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1