TD5 Immobiliser problem after reconnecting battery

Hi Folks,

Problem with the immobiliser on my Defender TD5 99'.

Fitted new front LED spotlights yesterday. Disconnected battery using correct procedure. Disconnected old lights and wired in new lights. Reconnected battery before bolting new lights into place to check all was ok. Lights all working - no problems.

Disconnected battery again using correct procedure and finished bolting lights into place. Checked connections one last time and all secure. Reconnected battery again.

This time small blue light started flashing on top of the dash panel and when trying to start siren goes off and engine immobilised. Removed negative terminal and siren stops. When I reconnect the negative terminal there is no alarm only when I try to start engine.

I've tried searching on the internet and these forums but it's a bit of mine field. Can any one explain to me what exactly is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Yes, you should have another remote or at least a pin override panel....and of course a pin code.

unplugging it won't help as they are meant to be a security device. However you can take your time to trace the unmarked wires that will be spliced into the loom to immobilise key circuits. It will depend on the installer as to what and where they have cut into the looms, it's then a case of reconnecting where the splices are. 

Im not going to go into great detail on an open forum