Thread size request

Pete Attryde

As above can anyone tell me what the thread size and pitch are for the oil pressure switch and sump plug on a 300 TDi.

I want to put a oil pressure gauge and a oil temp gauge on my truck and I want to get an adapter for the pressure switch to allow me to run both and I want to replace the sump plug with a temp sender for the oil temp.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Pete,

I know this is no comfort, but the sump plug on a 300TDi is a real odd size. I can't remember the exact size but i think its a 19TPi something.... I recently had to re thread mine as the plug was cross threaded. I took a new plug to a local engineering works and they went through their old bin of taps and dies and eventually found the right one. I think this is the best way to find out the size unless someone else comes up trumps with the correct size.

Good luck.

Nigel

• 2 months later...
As above can anyone tell me what the thread size and pitch are for the oil pressure switch and sump plug on a 300 TDi.

I want to put a oil pressure gauge and a oil temp gauge on my truck and I want to get an adapter for the pressure switch to allow me to run both and I want to replace the sump plug with a temp sender for the oil temp.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

M10x1 it is the same as in older VW models.

Note it is not conical thread conical thread will fit but will cause the casing damage with time.