Wiper parking solved

Well after my first round of work I my 200 tdi, I messed up reassembly of my wiper motor and burnt it out, every part has since been replaced and yet I have been left with two issues, my "flash wipe" doesn't work and my wipers don't park correctly. 

The he first issue I know is that the spring on contacts in the wiper switch is in the wrong position. 

But despite head scratching and googling and new park switches and wiper switches and relays and earths and contact cleaners I couldn't get my wipers to park properly anyway I've finally solved my wiper parking issue, and thought I would share it in case anyone else has suffered this head scratcher.

every part had been replaced which made the non parking issue more of a head scratcher. In the end I looked at the wiper motor I had bought more closely, and double checked the wiper motor listing, it stated in small print that the gears must be transferred from the old motor to the new one. On face value they looked identical but the button that engages the park switch are 90 degrees off on the new one to the old, resulting in my wipers parking in the upright position. Dug through three bags of rubbish awaiting a tip run and in the third one found my old wiper motor, swapped the gears, and problem solved. 

My my wheelboxes are a bit worn out ( hate removing all the dash !! ) but other than that wiper woes are at an end! 

• Like 2