Aftermarket door hinges

Anyone had any luck with them? I have 2 sets, bearmach and Britpart. They are the same hinge, only one goes through a silver plating prosess the other, gold.

both are poop

so I’m looking for another set of hinges before I resort to spending £££ on aluminium ones. Genuine are fine but I can’t find anywhere selling a genuine hinge.

closest I can find are these, but as they’re listed as “aftermarket” on the manufacturer listing on eBay I would suspect they come in a blue box, I wish to avoid that. Anyone have any advice? Good or bad reviews?

ta

633EB8F3-F2A0-4B4B-B268-D44F7455ECCA.thumb.png.02ea302ab60d3c56f0c4c2aafcea6a4c.png

2 minutes ago, Retroanaconda said:

Last set of genuine hinges I bought (few months ago) were not hard to get - any dealer or parts supplier should be able to get them for you.

My experience of cheaper aftermarket hinges is that they are not worth the bother. Not had any of the posh ones.

Were they a lot? All the listings I’ve seen for genuine look suspicious and vendors are becoming more and more slippery

Mine were worn out completely, can't remember what I bought but despite priming and painting with several coats of each they have rusted with undue haste. If you look at the cheapest ones on eBay, they are probably the ones I bought. That being said I used cheap paint too, and they open and close fine and have no slop in them, but compared to the worn out ones I had anything was better! 

Edited by demonwolf444