Series / Def vent panel - interchangeable?

Whilst trying to find a vent panel I've found several different parts that look mostly the same, wondering if anyone can tell me if they interchange?

The one I believe is correct for a '78 Series III is MRC305 but that part number seems to lead nowhere, the pre-75 part is 395802 but no idea what's changed. Defender part MXC8574 is the same idea but can't see anything to show what changed?

The vent operating mechanism is different between series and defender, and between earlier defender and td5. I seem to recall series 2a is different to series 3 maybe?

Could these mechanism differences make the vent flap change? Bolt positions perhaps 

If you’re just trying to get hold of some I have a pair from a 300tdi era defender somewhere  you can have gratis

Cheers Lewis, a mate has found 3 or 4 in his shed (and there was me thinking they might be harder to find!) so I'll have a go with one of those and see.

Don't bin them though - people want tonnes of cash for dashboard bits on eBay!