Heated windscreen

It's been on my list for a while but driving back from Salisbury today I started getting water dripping down from the passenger bulkhead from the driving rain. Didn't really matter since the bottoms of the doors had let plenty of their own water in :blush:.

Since the seal is knackered and the windscreen isn't in the best of conditions (scratched and a few chips in it) I might as well just replace it with a heated one. The challenge will be finding a warm and dry enough weekend to not only swap it but also deal with the inevitable rusted patches. With my new found welding and tigging skills not not looking forward to it.

Anyway where do people recommend sourcing one from? Think I'll stick with clear rather than tinted.

@miketomcat Appreciate frame is ali but let's just say life's got in the way and the 110 has been used and abused and slightly neglected so know I've got some lurkers in the bulkhead and might try and kill a flock of birds at once... :rolleyes: To be fair the vehicle's not in too bad shape for a 23 year old, structurally and mechanically it's sound. Couple of small repairs to the front dumb irons and a bespoke C section style rear cross member (built with similar structural strength as Nige's typical fabrication) sees the extent of structural repairs from factory. Once he gets around to building my pegged Ashlocker for the front then that should sort out the drive train for another 20 years or so.

Just slowly working through the 'I can live with that for a while longer' list when I get the chance. Such as on the way out hinges, rotten door bottoms etc.

@western  I have done my research but was more after if heatedwindscreen.com were still the guys to go for. Stupidly I had a windscreen in a frame several years ago but had just bought the Range Rover and was contemplating selling the 110 so sold the windscreen to John - its now in the ambulance.

Not done a windscreen replacement myself but got a mate at work who's done several on various vehicles including 3 on his Rolls and has offered to help. Two of those were similar to Mike recently. Ordered one, fitted it, turned around to do something, put an elbow or something through it has he turned back. Subsequently had to then go inside and order another one. At least he got the opportunity to practice :ph34r:.

• Like 1

Just had a phone call from them - apparently the non tinted windscreens are no-longer being built as there's no demand.  Apparently they've not sold one in 6 years, if I wanted one then it would be about 6 months wait for them to build 5. Not that fussed so changed to a tinted one.