110 hicap removal

I have a 1997 110 defender hi cap, I am considering removing the tub to gain good access to the chassis for appraisal, repairs and tidying up. Could anyone tell me how much the tub weighs and how difficult is it to remove. It looks like some bolts on each corner, filler and wiring but i'm no expert.

Many thanks

I can't give you an exact weight but I managed to slide it off on my own, would have been much easier with two. Remove the wiring for the rear lights and tow hitch. There are bolts at the back on the chassis, and it it is bolted to the seat box. From memory I also think there are fixings that attach it to the cross members on the chassis. You will certainly need a friend or two to help slide it back on.

What he said.

I removed the tub on my own and used 2 planks to slide it onto a trailer.

More awkward than heavy.

Make sure, if fitted, to remove the tow bar and store it secure - they are getting hard to find for normal money