muttleyd

Fuel pumps for 3.9 efi in tank

Well went to start the evil old beast this weekend as the MOT is due. Hasn't turned a wheel since she disgraced herself after the last one nearly breaking down on the way home (less than a mile from the home to the station).

Anyway that time turned out the pump had fallen apart. It's an extended Rangie classic in a underseat tank. Anyway replaced it with a new one and all was well but didn't get round to using it with finances being what they are.

Anyway this weekend thought what the hell try it now, lots of churn but no fire. Usual checks and no fuel being the result. Power at the pump and popped it out. Looked 10 years old rather than 12 months corroded and slimy. Stuck it across the battery an nothing. So can only assume this one has died as well having not moved the car a metre. Think I need to drain and change the fuel.

But any recommendations for  pumps for a megasquirted 3.9 efi. Inline pump and pickup tube? Part numbers?

Thanks in advance

TBH a decent  in-tank RR pump should be perfect for the job, sounds like you have a problem with crud in your tank killing the pump, not the pump's fault!

Thanks Fridge, 

Just shocked at how bad it's corroded in 12 months. I know that's only external. Any recommendations on whose rrc pump to buy? Bearmach all makes or britpart

I think Nige supplies Bearmach, which is what I've got in the ambulance and it's done 10k ish since the conversion without problems.

If it's corroded I'd really worry about what is getting into your tank and how it's doing it.

After this time it could just be the ethanol in the fuel absorbing moisture, then corroding stuff.

Modern fuel is great, huh :)