33" tyres

I've got 255x85/16 on the 110 and 285x75/16 on 45 both around 33". It's the 15's that I'm interested in as I know the written measurement doesn't necessarily match with actual size. I'm keeping the mach 5's so hence the sizing I'm referring to. The 35's are 12.50 but they stick out of the arches a little. This makes me thing the 10.50's might be the way to go. The only fly in the ointment being I don't know what width the rims are.

Mike

4 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

Doug when you get a chance can you put a tape measure over the width of those. That way I can compare yours to my 35's real world measurements. I may well keep the 35's if it drives ok with them.

Mike

Don’t have them anymore mate but can tell you they were really nice on the road. Pretty sure they measured close to what they were marked up as. I was going to buy the 35” BFG but went for the treps instead

On 06/05/2018 at 8:47 AM, miketomcat said:

Has anybody got pictures of 33x12.50/15 or 33x10.50/15 on vehicles. I'm considering dropping size on the ibex as 35" are not really required for my use. Comparison pics would be good to. Many thanks

Mike

No way to tell if it's real data or predicted, but BFG do publish measurements on their tyres (or more specifically they state the rim size required to get the tyre size as stated)...

33x12.50/15 has carcass cross section of 12.5" fitted on a 10" rim (8.5" to 11" allowable)

33x10.50/15 is 10.5" fitted on 8.5" rim (7.0 to 9.0 allowable)

So tweakable a little depending on rims?

Both are 634 revs/mile at 45mph, which by my slightly drunken reckoning is 31.8" equivalent. I can't quite get my head around what the flat bit at the bottom does to the math, but I reckon they'll  be pretty close to the stated 33". I've only ever measured/used 265/75r16 and 285/75r16 BFG MT, but both were pretty close to the sheet values

http://www.mrtire.com/datasheets/BFGMudTerrainKM2.pdf.