Hub steering arm fouling

Keeper96

Hi guys 

In my rebuild I’ve found that the arm on the passenger hub that takes the drag link from the steering relay is very close to the wheel rim as in the picture. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this? 

4266979A-B264-4CAE-82F8-C94925D28CFA.jpeg

Something's wrong. You do have standard rims? Are the drums fitted?

But, if it's not touching, it's fine, as it can't touch.

IMG_20180506_163533.jpg

IMG_20180506_163521.jpg

Comparing the OP (Keeper 96) picture and the ones from Gazzar, the OP appears to have the arm upside down.
You can see from Gazzars pictures that the Drag Link hole is further from the wheel than the Tie bar hole.

Either that or it might possibly be a LH Drive arm fitted to a RH Drive vehicle.

By the by, I appreciate it is a vehicle in build, but the threaded ends of the spring U bolts could do with shortening before it ventures on the road.

Regards.

That’s a LHD arm fitted on the wrong side of the vehicle. That arm should be on the other side of the axle.

Either that or it’s a series 2 arm incorrectly fitted Into the bottom of the swivel housing, where it should be fitted from the top. Are the tapers for the track rod ends going the correct  way?

early series 2 stuff was the opposite way around to the later stuff.

Edited by Jon White

Cheers guys! 

If I’m honest I don’t know what the axle is off, I bought from a friend who’s grandad had just rebuilt before he died but never fitted it to a vehicle. 

I’ll have a closer look and try to switch things around next weekend 

thanks 

Jamie 

After looking more closely today it’s definitely a lhd arm. 

So baring in mind that we also need a few other pieces for our axle such as a series ratio diff does anyone know of a complete axle for a series 3 for sale? 

On 06/05/2018 at 8:28 PM, Jon White said:

That’s a LHD arm fitted on the wrong side of the vehicle. That arm should be on the other side of the axle.

Either that or it’s a series 2 arm incorrectly fitted Into the bottom of the swivel housing, where it should be fitted from the top. Are the tapers for the track rod ends going the correct  way?

early series 2 stuff was the opposite way around to the later stuff.

My thoughts exactly.

Edit:  I see you have already sussed it out and are fixing it.