2001 TD5 leaking fluid

My Defender has been showing small amounts of fluid on the driveway. While having the MOT done today I asked the technician if he'd look underneath for me and try and source the problem. He invited me to look at the transfer box which was covered in fluid, he also put his hand to the forward part of the box and said there was transmission fluid. I presuming a seal(s) have gone somewhere. Could anyone please help identify the possible problem and how I might fix it?

Thanks in advance

FF

Colour of fluid and pics may help..."transmission fluid" usually means red/brown depending on state so could be from the powersteering pipes/steering box or from the gearbox itself. The transfer box has EP90 (be it whatever grade) so is the usual yellow/gold colour with pungent smell.

Hard to say without looking, wipe everything clean as best you can then see what develops!

A while back, what I thought was a transmission oil-leak on my TD5 90 actually turned out to be a leaking fuel-pressure-regulator: the Diesel was running down from the regulator, over the bellhousing and then getting blown back along the gearbox/transfer-box casing.

When it evaporated it left behind a rather-more-oily residue which I mistook for gearbox-oil.