Landreiziger blower motor switch kit

Bought myself/110 one of these kits https://shop.landreiziger.nl/elektronische-ventilator-aansturing.html

to replace the left heater/blower switch for a better operation at all speeds.

if the weather is playing nicely, it'll get fitted over the weekend. so here's some photo's of what is in the kit.

I'll try my best to do a easy to follow write up.

WP_20180509_20_45_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20180509_20_45_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20180509_20_45_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20180509_20_45_29_Pro.jpg

I’ve had one of those for a few years  - I think I put a thread up for it ?  

I love it !  It’s one of those small mods, like a programmable wiper delay, that makes a huge difference to how easy it is to drive every day.

Haven't made any progress with fitting yet, had to obtain a M3 tap as found in the instructions so the control box can be attached to the outside face of the heater unit & rain has prevented doing more this afternoon, hoping to get on with fitting tomorrow.

I fitted mine on the side of the heater box - in the gap between it and the wing. Initially the Allen bolts proved slightly too long and were stopping the fan rotating ! Slightly shorter bolts though and all was well.

Yes by pushing the left control cable fully in it keeps the air flap in heater unit fully open, I hardly ever moved the old slider to the top Off postion. I taped the cable inner to the outer sleeve as well.

On re-installing the dash I fitted a cable duct to ease fishing cables from one end to the other so save a bit of stripping. I have the under wing washer bottle so plenty of free space. Like you I fitted my control switch upside down on the first attempt :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I sent the owners of landreiziger a email with a few points, got a nice reply this morning saying they will revise the fitting instruction & clarify the slider orientation  & what to do with the original disconnected wires.

After seeing @Anderzander fitted one I did the same a few years back... Great to have variable speeds, but the little extension that was soldered onto the slider to accommodate the triangular knob thing came apart on mine last year. It looks in Ralph's piccies that they now have one with a longer tab....

(Wonder if I'll ever get around to sorting that out....)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 10:47 AM, western said:

I sent the owners of land reiziger a email with a few points, got a nice reply this morning saying they will revise the fitting instruction & clarify the slider orientation  & what to do with the original disconnected wires.

Hi Ralph,

I had this fitted during the rebuild. Dutch Martin is a really nice man - I'm certain he would have welcomed your comments. Ironically I had been looking for this as I had seen it somewhere on a forum a few years back and thought it was Norwegian. Even more ironically his shop is 2 miles from where they moor the ship I work on (Moerdijk). I have literally been so close to him for years and yet never knew he was there! I am visiting him in person in a few weeks when I go back to work in Holland. Clearly from posts above the great members of LR4x4 also have them fitted.

It definitely blows more air on max!

Ziggy