Venturing off road again.......

bishbosh

I remember that P38 sat at a 45deg angle at slindon as Darthdicky had broken his PTO half way through winching it up a hill... Steve sat there with leather & aircon and radio 3 wafting out while the plebs ran round covered in sh*te attaching ropes and such :lol: can't put a price on class!

• Like 2

On 06/06/2018 at 8:20 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

I remember that P38 sat at a 45deg angle at slindon as Darthdicky had broken his PTO half way through winching it up a hill... Steve sat there with leather & aircon and radio 3 wafting out while the plebs ran round covered in sh*te attaching ropes and such :lol: can't put a price on class!

Haha remember it well! Not many would take a Range Rover that new the places Steve did! Also remember the heavy drinking round the camp fire in the evening! We need more events like that again

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, Bowie69 said:

Zooming in, looks like bish in the photo already...

Oi! I still have all my own hair! :lol::lol: (Sorry Steve!)

Would like to see more pics of that bumper please!

Edited by bishbosh

• 3 months later...

Got one - just as a I specced her - a V8 Range Rover:

398687404_Disco2.jpg.84241b11b41598e095fb64aab2d9346e.jpg

Errr, oh, hang on a minute......

OK , so I actually let my head rule my heart and got a cheap 5 seat Disco 2 with the 3 amigos for company. Now need to decide on Nanocom or Hawkeye and start buying suspension (2" lift), wheels and tyres (235 x 85 BFG MT on steel rims) winch bumper and winch and......

Advice on what is best for all of the above (including alternative ideas, no not you Nigel(!) ) would be greatly appreciated. :)

Errrr.... I *presume* that is a V8 still... :)

Hang on, someone has stuck a RR grille on it, you are saved! :D

I think the Britpart (yes, Britpart) diagnostic tools seem to get good reviews... people will no doubt correct me if not :) 

Not very rust at all Fridge - chassis is OK - not plated yet other than one out rigger so pleasantly surprised! Will need some TLC but that is to be expected given her age.

Sadly a TD5 Bowie - head over heart (tsk!). Remap recommendations anyone....?

Trying to find good prices for tyres at the moment..... oh, that reminds me, any recommendations for a sensibly offset steel rim?

chuck a new rad and larger intercooler on, egr and cat blank and a remap should see a nice improvement. I'd avoid alive tuning, Pete bell at BAS is very good.

you can get wheel and tyre packages with modulars cheap enough. I would think any cheap 2" lift will do the job.

Welcome to the world of D2 ownership, mollycoddle it or treat it like a washing machine.

Will.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Looks smart... how rusty is it? :ph34r:

Err, OK so perhaps I need to retract my last statement! :hysterical:

Took the near side shock off it's top mount at the weekend and then did this with my finger nail:

801874989_RustyDisco.thumb.jpg.32041380fdd28e61b0876fd514d2a13b.jpg

so now I need to embark on a more thorough (ahem!) check of the rest of the arse end before plating locally or replacing with a 1/2 chassis!

Ho hum, about time I brushed up on my welding fu anyhow!