Strange starting issue AGAIN

Ok so iv always had starting issues with my 90 but always seemed to cope with it but today she just wouldn’t start at all. The dash lights went out as soon as I turned the key but not even a click out the starter so I plugged in the jump leads and eventually she fired. Went to put it back in the garage and same again but this time before I decided to plug in I accidentally moved the gear lever and the dash lights came back on so I turned the key again and still nothing so decided to hold the stick towards me and the lights came back on so whilst holding the stick towards me I turned the key and hey presto she started no probs. 

I’m thinking I have an earth issue and notice all I have is an earth from battery to chassis and another from chassis to starter. Is it possible I should have an earth to the gearbox too or am I missing a trick here?

earth cables on my 1989 110 are from engine block below & inboard of alternator mounting to the rear face of the left engine mount bracket on the chassis, the earth cable bypasses the rubber mount.

from battery negative to one bolt that joins main & transfer gearboxes

multi earth connections at a single bolt in bulkhead adjacent to clutch pedal assembly.

My 1988 110 is as Ralph's too with respect to earths. Try connecing the battery negative terminal to the engine block as near as possible to the starter motor with a jump lead and see if that gets it started. If so that would point to a problem with your earths.

Most odd electrical problems I've had on my 110 have been down to a dodgy earth.

Ok so whilst I had the bulkhead out I found a few issues. The nut on the starter was loose so that got tightened and a second but put on to lock it in, there was an earth from battery to rear outrigger and one from battery to bottom of starter but none to starter, so iv placed one from battery to gear/transfer joint and the one at the from from block to chassis, hopefully once she’s back together she will be ok.