Range Rover Classic Not Starting

Hi All,

So last weekend I went to drive my truck home after standing all day. Wouldn't start. Turned over ok but nothing.

So this week I changed the Dizzy Arm, Cap & amp, along with a new coil. Plugs and leads are fairly new as well.

Took it to my mates place to time it in as. I didn't have a timing light. Got there and parked up. About 30 minutes later, nothing!

We've had a look at the ignition system and its all good, nice healthy spark.

Checked the EFI and Mail relays under the seat in the EFI loom, all fine. However they're not getting powered up.

Checked the power feed in at the ECU plug plus the Fuel relay feed, both getting power.

Any ideas because we're both stumped! We've rigged up a power supply the the fuel pump relay (feed to pump) and it runs ok. Any ideas as to what else to look out for?

cheers in advance

D

What is the cranking voltage? 

IOW, when you are cranking to start, what voltage is present at the coil? It could be that your battery is marginal and dropping too low for the coil to operate while cranking, but it's fine when the starter isn't drawing current, hence your good spark when testing it.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the fast responses. 3.9 14CXU. Found the problem today, the feed for the fuel pump was non existent. When I retro fitted the 300 tai fuse box, I attempted to reuse the multi plug. This results in 3 fats wire in the loom (30 amps ) connected to 1 fat wire and two skinny ones - of course one of the skinny ones was the fuel pump.

Multiplug no disposed of, crimped connectors on the loom and straight into the bottom of the fuse box. 

I do have another problem now (all the ignition setup is new, and dizzy strobed in today) but it "hunts" on ticker between 600 rpm and 1200 rpm. 

Possible dirty stepper motor on the wire control valve back of the plenum?

Hi there, last time I had a problem like that, it was a short on the back of the near side v. Took me ages to find, even when I took the loom out of the car it was still hard to find. Not saying that is the answer for you, but!