UJ joint propshaft - part confirm

play again in the propshaft and had this fixed last year. LR are charging £90 for one when im sure i paid half that last year. Is it over kill going with genuine parts of are paddocks parts just as good.

Oh is it the same UJ  joint in all four with a part number TVC100010

cheers

Your UJs come in different bearing cap sizes depending on the age of the propshaft. Measure the diameter of the bearing caps and that will tell you which ones to buy. 

Some are marketed as HD, (basically they have a bigger yoke and bearings) but fit in the same standard prop shaft joints. I think some vehicals may be fitted with these from build if a HD spec. 

OEM used to be GKN (same company as Hardy Spicer) I brought HD version (as I tow reasonby heavy trailers) rather than LR branded for half the price, changed all four when I had one original fail and found slack in anouther and 35k miles later and they are still good.

If yours is after VIN no. 1A612405 then you want STC4807 on the front (93mm wide) and TVC100010 on the back (75mm wide)

If prior to that VIN then you can use TVC100010 on all props, or I would measure all your current props just to make sure they haven't been changed for something non-standard.

p.s. TVC100010 supercedes RTC3346 and RTC3458, but are the same size so they're not "wrong"

Im 1A605158 so before so looks like TVC100010 for all 4. How do you get the 93mm & 75mm measurement. I measured the diameter of the bearing caps on mines ad they were 27mm. Are you talking about the width from one bearing cap to the other?

24 minutes ago, slihp said:

Im 1A605158 so before so looks like TVC100010 for all 4. How do you get the 93mm & 75mm measurement. I measured the diameter of the bearing caps on mines ad they were 27mm. Are you talking about the width from one bearing cap to the other?

yep went out and checked again 75mm wide with 27mm diameter bearing caps. thanks guys.

1 hour ago, slihp said:

With the bearing cups fitted to the centre part spider, measure from outside face of one cup straight across to is opposite mates outside face,

• 6 months later...

Guys, I have been in flap with Hardy Spicers / UJs. I want to do the front and rear on both shafts and thought RTC3346 was the correct pt/no but these ujs are too big width wise measuring 82/83 depending on eyesight. The old one measured 73 / 74 again depending on eyesight. I done a bit of trawling and seen this topic. I now think I require RTC4587 superceded by TVC100010.

Could someone please confirm this is correct before I order another 4 UJs.

Ps I note that you guys get 93mm outside face to outside face which I do not have it mentions RTC3346 and RTC3458 are superseded by TVC100010 which is contrary  to what info I have above???????????????????????????????