Sign in to follow this  
Simon_CSK

TD5 ECU

1 hour ago, Simon_CSK said:

Quick question. Would the engine tick over without the crank case sensor connected? I have been stripping the old engine wiring loom out to replace it and think one of the wires may be broken. Given the age and milage of the car I am not to concerned about replacing this regardless.

No, the crank sensor is pretty much the only sensor that will stop the engine running (throttle will stop it revving). All the other sensors can be disconnected and will use defaults. AFM and IAT, for example, are the first thing to unplug when you're having issues.

Ok that rules that out as an issue. Once the main loom is replaced it should be sorted.

So far I have replaced the wiring loom under the rocker cover them main loom, changed over the throttle potentiometer and changed over the ECU and BCU with no effect. Whatever I do the engine just ticks over. 

My brother suggested potentially a fuel leak causing a drop in pressure any other ideas as to what can be causing this?

Depends really if you intend on taking onboard the suggestions or just continue to load the parts cannon

I have tried to get it on to a computer but everyone I take it to is too busy to deal with an old D2 so it sits outside their workshop for a couple of weeks until I get annoyed. I have loads of spares so inbetween times I replace the parts.