Best air ratchet

air ratchet or air impact gun, if the latter i strongly recommend one of 5ese

https://m.ebay.com/itm/AirCat-1-2-Limited-Edition-Killer-Torque-Composite-Impact-Wrench-1150-LE/192312471072?item=192312471072

silly high max torque and really erganomic. very controllable and very robust. i defo dont regret buying mine, spins mazda rx8 crank bolts out in 2 seconds flat, and thats usually brakerbar and full lenght scaffold pole territory.

Air ratchets can be dead handy! Particularly in those spaces where there's limited swing. Yes, they're not going to break anything loose in a hurry, but untwiddling a bolt in an awkward place they're invaluable. Getting an impact gun to anywhere tight is usually impossible, much as they're excellent tools. 

I have a Sealey 3/8 air ratchet that's withstood several years of occasional DIY abuse and still going strong, so I'm pretty happy with it. Too much power in an air ratchet and you're asking for busted knuckles, so be careful what you wish for. 

10 minutes ago, lo-fi said:

Getting an impact gun to anywhere tight is usually impossible, much as they're excellent tools.

Perhaps you should look at my link....  The IR right angle air impact takes up the same space as an air ratchet, but can actually undo things.  It does not bust your knuckles.  If you had actually used one, you would not be having a negative opinion....

Sorry, I'd missed your post! That does indeed look handy. Yes, I'm quite aware there's no torque reaction through the grip on an impact gun.  IR don't seem to have much in the way or a European operation, which is a shame, but CP do one: https://www.toolstop.co.uk/index.php?option=shop&page=shop.product_details&product_id=78950&l=uk&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&gclid=Cj0KCQjwl7nYBRCwARIsAL7O7dFhUl-3GoBLyu9ejB5c9-ygJfSHb6_s8y_5qqvyNgL3XbNUTvfOnncaAqFXEALw_wcB

If it is outright power you are after you will struggle to beat this for the money - 1600NM loosening torque. It is a little heavy at 4kg but I hardly ever pick up the air line one now. The only downside is the size but I think I will treat myself to a smaller mid range model to get into tighter areas where the power of this one is not needed

https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/makita-dtw1002z-18v-lxt-brushless-1-2-impact-wrench-body-only

Lorry wheel nuts that I used to undo with the 3/4 breaker bar and a scaffold pole are now a breeze!

Upside or downside depending on your point of view is the batteries - they are expensive but they fit every other tool in the range

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Before buying air-rachet,  you'd better collect the information about it. The variety is great and there is no need to pay money for that one which is not suitable for you. Don't build your decision on price only. Expensive - doesn't mean the best, cheap - doesn't mean the worst. Look through this review about the latest air-rachets and maybe it would help you purchase the best one for your needs.