BogMonster

Ashcroft ATB on road

1 hour ago, Ed Poore said:

That's what everyone thought, even Ashcrofts at the time. Turns out Nige is a bit stubborn and doesn't think like everyone else :hysterical:. It is a blooming tight fit though.

He'd done a trial with a 4 pin before and I've got his first pegged short nose Ashlocker.

He did say it is a little scary taking a brand new shiny locker from the packaging and then putting it straight in the lathe...

Ashcrofts still honour the warranty because it's been done by him but I've had no need to try it.

Nige is a bit special :D 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Nige is a bit special :D 

image.thumb.jpg.fe4b1673fb8c3b5585e6c36da53e70ce.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:hysterical:

Good job Barker is ill and not paying attention :lol:

Well, the first one is now built up into my old front diff, so will have to bite the bullet and get it swapped out in the near future. The back one is a bit more of a pain because I don't have a spare short nose diff lying around, so it will have to be fitted into the diff that's still in the vehicle.

For the record, Ashcroft just supplied me with 2 pegged airlockers for my P38, so also in a short nose housing.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:37 PM, Ed Poore said:

That's what everyone thought, even Ashcrofts at the time. Turns out Nige is a bit stubborn and doesn't think like everyone else :hysterical:. It is a blooming tight fit though.

He'd done a trial with a 4 pin before and I've got his first pegged short nose Ashlocker.

He did say it is a little scary taking a brand new shiny locker from the packaging and then putting it straight in the lathe...

Ashcrofts still honour the warranty because it's been done by him but I've had no need to try it.

Picture?

Facebook won't let me copy the link on my phone but if you go to his Facebook page (Xcess4x4.com) then have a look at his photo albums there's an album entitled P38 / 110 Short Nose Diff Build. The only photo I have is of my diff guard

DSC_0190.thumb.JPG.79fbd1f0730effec7711b690c0053fee.JPG

• Like 2