2a throttle bodge

Keeper96

Hi guys 

as you may have seen I’ve got 2a I’m currently getting back on the road. 

The PO swapped the petrol for a 2.25 diesel but never finished. 

Ive gotten the engine running but I’m struggling to find a way to improvise a foot throttle as I don’t have the bits needed to go from the bulkhead bar to the injection pump or from the throttle pedal to the bar.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how to improvise a solution? 

Jamie 

17 hours ago, martyn668 said:

On my Series III diesel I had the same problem, and used a bike cable bought from the local cycle shop. I’d intended it to be a temporary fix, but it lasted until I sold it. 

Do you have any pictures of how you routed it? 

I’m away from the car at the moment so haven’t had a chance to get a look and work it out. 

Jamie 

I used a 2.5 NA diesel cable on my V8, was about £7 on ebay. You could make up a bracket to hold it on the drivers footwell and have the lever on the end of the shaft the pedal is connected to pull it. Other end you'll just have to make up an bracket to mount it somewhere to pull the carb linkage. Just like a bike cable really, but a bit more chunky and with convenient clevis' on the ends.