Advice wanted on annealing LR aluminium alloy panels

I have to rebuild most of the frame for one of the rear side doors on my 110 CSW due to raging corrosion.  To do the necessary welding I've taken the skin off the frame by carefully lifting the folded over edges.  However, the skin around the window aperture was glued as well as folded on and I had to unfold the edge almost 180 degrees to be able to cut through the adhesive.  Consequently, the originally flat external surface around the window is now dished and the original fold lines are very prominent ridges.  I believe that the metal has work hardened and I do not want to risk it cracking when I fold it again around the new frame.  

I've read numerous accounts of annealing aluminium using ordinary hand soap as a temperature indicator, but are there any special tips or things to look out for when annealing Landy panels, please?  Being located in Canada, buying a replacement door is not a realistic option, and I certainly don't want to have to make a new skin as well as a rebuilt frame.

Many thanks in advance for any and all advice from the forum.

Mike

Just run back and forth with a plumbers blowtorch for a minute.   You can smear soap on and wait till it blackens, though it doesn't take long to anneal a doorskin edge.  Don't do it too much or it will warp, certainly don't get anywhere close to it starting to glow.  When the paint is just starting to bubble, you're about done.