new microcat

rawsondsr

Additional info from the instructions for enabling this to run, as it stands it will need to have your clock changed, to avoid this follow these instructions:

There is a file called "dset" in

C:\MCLRE\Mcindex\LRE

and also

C:\LRE_Data

Both files contain a single line, currently

If you change both files to a later date (say 200809) it will run without fiddling with dates.

I think you could probably do any date you fancy, I guessed at 2008 and it worked, but it will need to be updated in 2 years time. . :)

Steve,

it makes me wonder, will we then need the crack at all? I mean if we change the dates on these files, then the cd should work, right? Can somebody confirm this, by installing this cd without installing the crack, just changing the dates on the above files as described.

Cheers,

Todd.

Guest diesel_jim

I've just burnt it to disc, and there is the infamous .dll file there to install without having to change any dates,

I'm just trying it now to see if it works! :huh:

note: just checked the crack details and it looks like the date HAS to be changed everytime...... :angry:

OK, I have tried to open the DAT files to replace the dates but can`t open them, so installed the disc after replacing the mg16.dll files, installed it all and get a message "Microsoft has not found an authorised dongle" message. I also changed the dates on my computer to the earleir dates as well, but it did`nt help at all.

Any ideas what I have done wrong.

OK, I have tried to open the DAT files to replace the dates but can`t open them, so installed the disc after replacing the mg16.dll files, installed it all and get a message "Microsoft has not found an authorised dongle" message. I also changed the dates on my computer to the earleir dates as well, but it did`nt help at all.

Any ideas what I have done wrong.

Thats what I did, I replaced the three files with the patch, (just copied & pasted it in the lre, system & sytem 32 I think?), then when you start it it wants you to log in, so click on "admin" I think to crate another user, type in name/password etc and then log in and off you go.

Jas

Colin,

If you do the normal changing of the m16.dll as the instructions say, and set the system clock to either 09 or 10/2006, the program will still work. ;) Steve's suggestion simply eliminates the need to change the system clock. BTW, Steve, nice trick, thanks.

Todd.

HELP!!!

OK chaps (and chapess's):-

I've downloaded the latest Microcat.

I've burned the image to CD

I've installed it over the older version I had.

I've copied the .dll file into the various locations.

I've gone in and edited the two "Dset" files with a new date.

Microcat runs perfectly ...EXCEPT ...no pricing info unless I alter my system date back to 09/2006.

What do I have to alter to "fudge" the pricing "date" as it's obviously reading my system date before it enables pricing.

(I hope that last bit makes sense...it does to me!!!)

Regards

Scrumps

Didn't even know there was pricing information, I'll try and have a look this week and see. To be honest, i usually just use microcat to look for part numbers and assembly information, price has never been a use. Must be another file hanging around with the date in for validity of price.

Have you noticed how we invent all these wonderfull games, like footy, cricket, rugby, etc - and then the rest of the world kicks our bums at them???

About the only games that we excel at are pub-based ones like darts, snooker or binge-drinking (!) :D

care to discuss the cricket, Les ?? :P

• 2 weeks later...

right, think i have enabled the pricing information, though the numbers look a little odd.

Can someone without a modified version check the price for

ANR3410 - panhard bush, £3.10 (RTI??) on my version now.

Also have a look at the later one which is £8.35?

check the price for FTC5303, oil seal on gearbox mainshaft. this shows on mine as £2.01 and earlier is £16.09 ??

if these numbers are the same as someone elses then i will post how to enable the pricing information with no date changes etc

right, think i have enabled the pricing information, though the numbers look a little odd.

Can someone without a modified version check the price for

ANR3410 - panhard bush, £3.10 (RTI??) on my version now.

Also have a look at the later one which is £8.35?

check the price for FTC5303, oil seal on gearbox mainshaft. this shows on mine as £2.01 and earlier is £16.09 ??

if these numbers are the same as someone elses then i will post how to enable the pricing information with no date changes etc

Steve,

If I "fudge" the date on my "new" version I get ANR3410 @ £3.61 (inc VAT) and FTC5303@£2.35(inc VAT).

Looks like your pricing date crack is OK but the prices might have changed somewhat.

Hope this helps.

Scrumps

• 2 weeks later...

Computer numpty here.

I've downloaded the file to my C drive. What does he mean by "write the IMAGE, not the file to CD"? I'm running XP. I guess drag and drop doesn't do it in Windows Explorer. I've got Roxio (never used it though). This will be the first time I've burned a CD, so don't be afraid to type veeeery slowly so I can understand.

Thanks.

This file is an image of the Land Rover Rave CD, if you cant read this file straight away, you need to do one of two things. Either write the image to a CD, using Nero or similar - note you need to write the image to CD, not just write the file. Or you can get hold of a program such as 'Alcohol 120%' which will create a virtual CD drive on your PC, freom which the file can be read, this negates the need to write a CD.

My wife has a new Hyundai Matrix and wants me to fit a couple of bits from the LHD model (N/S/R fog lamp and front passengers seat armrest), so I thought I'd see if I could find an EPC for it on line.

After a bit of Googling - I discovered that Hyundai use Microcat :D

A bit more Googling and I found a Russian forum dealing with software car manuals and EPC's, by the magic of some BabelFish translation, it lead me to an ftp site with the Hyundai Microcat (July 2006 Ver.) WinRar files, which I downloaded, unpacked and installed B)

Now to the point of my rambling :lol:

The 'crack' was the usual replacement mg16.dll file - PLUS some clever person has written a JavaScript file which will change your computer's date to the Microcat's date, run the application and then put the computer's date back to today when you exit Microcat.

I copied and edited the script file for the Land Rover Microcat - and it works :D

I tried to attach it here - but got the message - Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file :(

So go to my web space - http://www.hubbard.nightmail.ru/Microcat/ - right-click the file lrmc.js - select 'Save Target As...' and save it to your C:\MCLRE folder

Once it's saved, right-click your Microcat shortcut, select 'Properties'

Change 'Target:' to point at C:\MCLRE\lrmc.js

Make sure that 'Start in:' points to C:\MCLRE

You may also have to click on the 'Change Icon...' button and make sure that it's pointing to C:\MCLRE\mclre.exe

Click on 'Apply' and then 'OK'

So now when you double-click on the Microcat shortcut, it'll run the JavaScript file, which will set your computer's date to 04/09/2006, run Microcat and when you're finished, it'll set your computer's date back to today's date.

You can edit the .js file with Notepad to whichever date your version of Microcat needs.

Hope you all find it useful.

Paul.

Nice work, Paul.

I'll give it a go also.

From the Hyundai Micorcat, the java script, is that found in the crack folder and you have to follow the instructions that you provided above? I'm assuming it's not part of the original install and it has to be done by hand.

Many thanks,

Todd.