new microcat

rawsondsr

Nice find Paul :)

I found that if you put the script file in the C:\MCLRE folder as Paul describes above, and double click on it, it will run microcat without the need to make the changes that Paul makes above (I couldn't find a target or start in, in my properties ! Unless, of course Paul already changed them) so I've just made a shortcut to it and changed the icon to the microcat one and put on my desktop. Job done. This might work for you too.

Thanks again Paul !

Mo

Nice find Paul :)

I found that if you put the script file in the C:\MCLRE folder as Paul describes above, and double click on it, it will run microcat without the need to make the changes that Paul makes above (I couldn't find a target or start in, in my properties ! Unless, of course Paul already changed them) so I've just made a shortcut to it and changed the icon to the microcat one and put on my desktop. Job done. This might work for you too.

Thanks again Paul !

Mo

Mo,

It was the shortcut, that Microcat automatically puts on the desktop when you install it, that I was referring to.

If you don't have that shortcut, you can always do what you've done and create one.

Also, don't forget that there's a Microcat menu item in the 'Start' menu, this should be edited, as above.

Regards,

Paul.

Nice work, Paul.

I'll give it a go also.

From the Hyundai Micorcat, the java script, is that found in the crack folder and you have to follow the instructions that you provided above? I'm assuming it's not part of the original install and it has to be done by hand.

Many thanks,

Todd.

Todd,

Yes, you're correct, it was in the 'crack' folder along with mg16.dll and the crack instructions (in Russian :unsure: )

Paul.

Guest diesel_jim

That script file worked a treat, but it didn't change my date back to 'todays' date... did anyone find the same thing?

or am i being a spaz and doing it wrong? :rolleyes:

Guest diesel_jim

If anyone wants a copy, i downloaded the user manual for Landrover microCAT today. it's about 1.5mb (in .pdf format), so i can email it, or if anyone wants to host it where it can be downloaded by the unwashed public, let me know and i'll fling it over!

It's quite a good manual. i've got a genuine one form my dealership... i "borrowed" it (about 12 months ago) and havn't returned it! :rolleyes:

hello, i've installed the microcat and it works fine with my computer date set back, nice bit of software thanks, but i tried changing the dates in the two dat files and it still tells me it's out of date, oslo tried the jsp file but it just opens up as a notepad file on the desktop with the javascript shown in it. any ideas? :unsure:

hello, i've installed the microcat and it works fine with my computer date set back, nice bit of software thanks, but i tried changing the dates in the two dat files and it still tells me it's out of date, oslo tried the jsp file but it just opens up as a notepad file on the desktop with the javascript shown in it. any ideas? :unsure:

Same for me. Changing the Files DSET.DAT doesn't help. But instead of using the Java-Script I use a little programm called DKILL95, which sets the date, starts the program, but resets the date shortly after starting Microcat, so you have always the correct date in the system. With the Java Script you have the problem of having the false date during the whole Microcat Session.

Same for me. Changing the Files DSET.DAT doesn't help. But instead of using the Java-Script I use a little programm called DKILL95, which sets the date, starts the program, but resets the date shortly after starting Microcat, so you have always the correct date in the system. With the Java Script you have the problem of having the false date during the whole Microcat Session.

hi there, i've downloaded a copy of dkill95 but it's in german :huh: i've tried setting it up by guessing wot it wants but it must have pmt coz no matter wot i do it's not happy and wont cooperate. ;) do you know where to get an english version? i've googled it and looked around but canni find one. :(

If there is a general demand i can knock a simple prog up to do this - I have been looking at microcat for the last week to see if i could remove all of these bodges but it's actually a bit of pain in the arse, like I am running a VMWare win 3.1 image to work on it... nostalgia

So if you want a quick proggie (in fact I'll even let the source code be available) to do this shout up, if I get a few replies I will make up something.

If there is a general demand i can knock a simple prog up to do this - I have been looking at microcat for the last week to see if i could remove all of these bodges but it's actually a bit of pain in the arse, like I am running a VMWare win 3.1 image to work on it... nostalgia

So if you want a quick proggie (in fact I'll even let the source code be available) to do this shout up, if I get a few replies I will make up something.

hi steve, that'd be great, if there's enough takers i'd certainly give it a go, it's not really that much of a hassle changing the date but i keep forgetting to change it bck wen i'm finished. :blink: cheers. dave

hi there, i've downloaded a copy of dkill95 but it's in german :huh: i've tried setting it up by guessing wot it wants but it must have pmt coz no matter wot i do it's not happy and wont cooperate. ;) do you know where to get an english version? i've googled it and looked around but canni find one. :(

Do the following:

Start DKILL95, if the assistent doesn't open goto menu 'Programm' 'Neu (Assistent)'

In 'Befehlszeile' you put in C:\MCLRE\MCLRE.EXE

Then 'Weiter'

Change 'Tag' to 1, 'Monat' to 10, 'Jahr' to 2006

The time field with 3000 msek is the time the program waits after starting Microcat to reset the time. 3000 should be OK on a fast computer, on a slow one changing to 10000 helps a lot.

Then 'Fertigstellen'

Now you have a new Icon on the Desktop called mclre, which in real starts first DKILL95, which itself starts Microcat.

Do the following:

Start DKILL95, if the assistent doesn't open goto menu 'Programm' 'Neu (Assistent)'

In 'Befehlszeile' you put in C:\MCLRE\MCLRE.EXE

Then 'Weiter'

Change 'Tag' to 1, 'Monat' to 10, 'Jahr' to 2006

The time field with 3000 msek is the time the program waits after starting Microcat to reset the time. 3000 should be OK on a fast computer, on a slow one changing to 10000 helps a lot.

Then 'Fertigstellen'

Now you have a new Icon on the Desktop called mclre, which in real starts first DKILL95, which itself starts Microcat.

yeah, that's what i'd tried yesterday using various dates and it wont work on my system for some reason. mine is a packard bell laptop that i bought about a year ago when it was all singing and dancing. it's not got a dual core processor but it's an intel centrino and shouldnt have any trouble. i do run some newish security progs which may not be helping but i dont know. thanks for trying though. DD

yeah, that's what i'd tried yesterday using various dates and it wont work on my system for some reason. mine is a packard bell laptop that i bought about a year ago when it was all singing and dancing. it's not got a dual core processor but it's an intel centrino and shouldnt have any trouble. i do run some newish security progs which may not be helping but i dont know. thanks for trying though. DD

cancel that, i've just clicked on the new microcat icon again and it's opened up :blink: it must've just needed to rest after using dkill before it was ready to work. nice one. :)

Microcat launcher

Right I've just got around to finishing this, at least for the first go, had a play on my machine, but may have problems on others.

The executable you want is here Microlaunch

For reference the source code is here Microlaunch source (vs 2003 project)

How to use

Should be simple enough.

1) unzip to the directory with microcat in, mine is c:\mclre

2) run the executable there and then, a configuration box comes up.

- browse for the executable you wish to run, this is because you might have a couple of them like me (I have been 'editing' microcat)

- select the method you want to use

+ timed simply waits the set number of seconds and then puts your clock back to as near as I can to the time it should be. MC may not have initialised

by this time

+ look for MC window - probably your best bet, it will look for the main MC window and once found will set the clock back and finish

3) click OK. a file called ml.cfg is created in the same directory as the exe. Binary file, easy to edit if you really want to, but I wouldn't bother.

4) MC will launch and should work

5) alter your microcat shortcut or create a new shortcut, in any case point the shortcut to the microlaunch exe

on my system my shortcut said "c:\mclre\copy of mclre.exe" and i changed it to "c:\mclre\microlaunch.exe"

add on "-go" to the line, so now it looks like

"c:\mclre\microlaunch.exe" -go

6) Save the shortcut, if you want the microcat icon you would be better altering your existing shortcut or copying it and altering the copy.

If you click on the shortcut now microcat will launch with no drama.

NOTES:

there is no date setting as I use the dset file to see what date it should be set to for validity. The current one floating around was 200609 I think, and works for me.

Your clock will in most cases be correct to a few seconds after microcat is alive - however... if you run it at midnight, on the final day of the month that goes into a month that is shorter, your clock will probably remain at microcat time..............

The exe should not need any extra files, if it complains let me know and I will provide them, I tried to make sure it would work out the box.

Source code: you are welcome to have a look and modify, it's only a quick lash up and I am releasing because I know people like to know what they are running on their machines... now all your codes a m1n3 :)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

steve, i tried your bit of software and i still have the date issue when trying to start microcat in vista

dskill throws up a message saying it cant change the system date

havent tried the java one yet but dont hold out much hope.

suggestions?

jim

edit: have just tried the java method. no joy :(

steve, i tried your bit of software and i still have the date issue when trying to start microcat in vista

dskill throws up a message saying it cant change the system date

havent tried the java one yet but dont hold out much hope.

suggestions?

jim

edit: have just tried the java method. no joy :(

Changing the system time will be an administrator action. Not tried any code to do that, though would know where to start.

However, might be easier if you choose to run as admin.

o right click on shortcut

o choose properties

o go to the tab marked "compatibility"

o tick "run as administrator"

This should elevate the process to administrator automatically and allow it to change the system time.

NOTE: The microcat program should not be running with admin from doing this but I have not verified this.

I'm pretty sure this should do it, but I don't have a vista machine with everything installed to check.

I'll have a look over this, but I need to install dev tools to my vista box in the study to check it.

EDIT: I've tweaked the exe a bit, it won't work, but it will warn tell you that the time has not been set

• 2 weeks later...

HELP,

I am struggling to get this to work, i can get it to load up and everything if i change the system time on vista but have tried what is suggested to get round this and it wont work. Also how do i enable the pricing information so that when selected it gives the cost.

Many THanks