led indicators & buzzer

On my 110 I've replaced my normal indicator lights with led version [RDX] with their matching flasher unit, 

I want to fit a buzzer into the circuit as I can't hear the flasher unit click when indicators are on.  lights are working fine, td5 warning light panel so seperate L & R indicator telltales

do I need 2 buzzers [one each for left & right] or 1 buzzer & other than a earth connection which wire should it/they be connected to ?

my 110 is a 1989 110CSW. standard dash/main wiring loom.  

sourced 2 buzzers & some doides off ebay, should be here by next weekend. 

buzzers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miniature-Electronic-Buzzer-Project-Sounder-Leaded-PCB-Black-White-1-5-3-6-12V/251550077147?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=550454921813&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

diodes https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1N4001-Diode-50V-1A-Pk-of-10/201974314641?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I suspect I only need one of the buzzers, with each diode wire connected to the red [live] wire of the buzzer & the black [earth] to a suitable earth point |& other end of diode on each of the left & right indocator dash light wires, these are easy enough to access with instrument pack moved out of it's fixings.

got my buzzers & diodes this week, thinking that I've got a Td5 instrument pack/warning light panel & the L & R indicators have seperate lights in the warning light panel, maybe I don't need the diodes, just wire in the red 12v feed on each buzzer to each ind warning light wire & the black on each buzzer to a earth point. 

or if I just use one buzzer then make sure a diode in each ind wire to buzzer to stop the feed going to the other indicator light [which are led on the warning light panel] 

Nope, cos I have led indicators all round & the buzzer sounds soon as ignition is switched on, with indicators not operating. but a spur of the flasher unit wire did work ok with the original type indicator lights. 

Indicators switch is on the live feed side, earth is at each light unit to body/chassis. 

found another little thing to sort out. now the 110 has a full set of RDX/Bolt-on-bits led indicators & their matching 4 pin flasher/hazard unit.

when my trailer is connected [also has led indicators] the trailer ind green warning on my dash doesn't light when 110 & trailer left or right indicators are on.

I've found on the RDX flasher unit info sheet it say this light will not operate if the trailer does not havve load resistors in the indicator circuit, so I've just bought a pair off ebay & will see what happens once they are fitted.

hopefully everything will work as it should, doing this simply because a trailer ind light on dash is a legal requirement with trailer connected.

3 minutes ago, Roverdrive said:

Western

am i right in thinking that you fit the load resistors to the trailer with the led so that you can still tow a “standard “ trailer?

Yes, they will be fitted to the trailer near the rear lights as I can access the wiring fairly easy. 

Yes as detailed on the RDX instructions which does say about trailer light will work if trailer indicators are load resistor fitted, at work now but will upload the info sheet later.

I've underlined the bit about trailer with NO load resistor but with LED lights

WP_20180618_16_38_07_Pro.jpg

Edited by western
attachment added