Injector Seals

DiscoHere

Hi all 

I am about to renew the seals in my 2003 TD5 Disco (auto).  A couple of quick questions before i start

Do i need to release the nuts and screws on each  injector before i take the rocker bar off.  can i do it slowly with the screws in position to save having to reset them all when replaced

Do i need to worry about diesel in the cylinders and if so what is the cure for that

Thanks 

hugh 

48 minutes ago, DiscoHere said:

Hi all 

I am about to renew the seals in my 2003 TD5 Disco (auto).  A couple of quick questions before i start

Do i need to release the nuts and screws on each  injector before i take the rocker bar off.  can i do it slowly with the screws in position to save having to reset them all when replaced

Do i need to worry about diesel in the cylinders and if so what is the cure for that

Thanks 

hugh 

when removing the injectors ive always removed the supply to the fuel regulator first to allow the fuel in the rail to drain down,

for the effort involved to not set the injectors, its actually easier to reset the injectors, IIRC its screw the adjuster all the way in at full movement of the rocker & then rewind 1 turn,

All done and worked well.  There was only one tiny leak on a copper washer but it must have been the problem as all is working well now.  Just for information and help to anyone else doing the job .......I used a no 6 Allen key to lift the injectors.  It took a little prying but nothing major and all came out easily.

Hugh