Stuck in high range

Hi everyone,

I have a 1987 90 LT77. It stood for a while before i bought it. I have managed to free up the diff lock by stripping, cleaning and greasing the selector box. I have also removed all the linkages and cleaned and greased those. However the box won't change from high range.With the tunnel off I have used pry bars and tapped the the final part of the linkage in an attempt to get it to move, to no avail. It won't budge out of high range. 

I have tried with engine running, clutch down etc. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance. 

Im moving the lever in the direction towards the back of the vehicle. I checked i was going the right way by putting the linkage all back together. Not too sure if the transfer box is original as its an old 90 but i would have thought so. 

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Hi there im sorry for the late reply, I have been working away. I completely removed the entire shift mechanism by removing the 6 bolts which holds the selector housing on. I then tried to operate the high low selector from there using a pry bar. However there was still no movement. It was suggested to me that the detent ball could be jammed? Will try and get a photo. Thanks in advance!