Brake and transmission issue on new (to me) D3

reb78

I have just bought a 2007 D3 GS auto. Incredibly low mileage for year (68k miles) and very comprehensive service history. Went out for a good drive today and a couple of issues became apparent, but nothing insurmountable I hope!

The two issues may not be linked, but I wonder if they are hence will document them both here. 

1. After a 30 min drive we parked up and the heat coming from the back left wheel was quite noticeable. I suspect a binding caliper/seized slide pins and will investigate tomorrow. Hopefully nothing more serious than that. 
2. When we got near home, I was fiddling and just thought I would see what it was like on the kick down on the auto (probably should have avoided this given point 1). It kicked down, took off, then raised an error about the transmission and said limited gears available, then HDC error after which it lowered itself to access mode and the vehicle slowed significanlty. I think it also noted an EPB error. I pulled over turned off and re-started and was able to carry on home. 

Two separate issues or do you think i can fix point 2 if the rear left problem is fixed?