Steering Vibrations

samwilk200

Try just swapping front and rear tyres. I've been round and round this on the Disco and that ws tyres in the end and the 90 had a nasty vibration, like prop or pinion bearing which also turned out to be a duff tyre.

May not be but it won't take you long to check and I know I now wish I had (before changing radius bushes, diffs, ...)

MOT didnt pick up on it. I changed the tyres, springs and radius arms together. Before that it was fine.

DITTO!!! I said this earlier on in this post, swapping the tyres cured my shakes, everything else was spot on, and its free to do!

I rocked the steering wheel, and before the wheels begin to turn the chassis moves side to side quite a bit!! :ph34r:

I'm presuming that this is why it vibrates, and this isnt normal!! Just gotta don full water proofs and go and find whats loose!!

sounds like panhard rod bushes then? had the same, chassis moving when i turned the wheels. also had terrible vibrations. new bushes cured it with me, but you said you've changed them?

Panhard rod bushes it was!! Took panhard rod off and both bushes were shot!! That'll teach me to but britpart bushes, but usually they've been fine!! 1000 miles, approx 50/50on road off road and there dead!!

And thats with no lift!! Not good!!

Cheers all, gonna go put some metalastik (spelling?!)ones in there now!!