Washer jets

Anderzander

I’m pondering what washer jets to fit to my 80” - there are some classic looking set ups, but I’m primarily thinking I’d like something that works well..... and somehow I’ve never understood why modern car systems are so much better that my 90’s - presumably better pumps?

Has anyone got any suggestions ?

here is one of the vintage ones : https://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=2&pgCode=040&sgName=Hardware&pgName=Washers+%26+Wipers&agCode=0700&agName=Washer+Bottles&pCode=2SJ/R

I fitted 2 -2 jet front screen units to my 110, moved the original to the right hole [rubber bung in it normally] & got a 2nd to fit to the left side, existing pump has more than enough power to apply 4 jets of fluid to my  screen even at motorway speeds.

21 hours ago, western said:

I fitted 2 -2 jet front screen units to my 110, moved the original to the right hole [rubber bung in it normally] & got a 2nd to fit to the left side, existing pump has more than enough power to apply 4 jets of fluid to my  screen even at motorway speeds.

I've also done this. It's like having a normal car!

On 26/06/2018 at 12:09 AM, miketomcat said:

On both my tomcat and now the ibex I've used discovery headlight washer pump and jets. Now that's a lot of water on your screen.

Mike

I had this setup on my old RRC pickup, but I also kept the normal jets and the one second timer relay that controls them - that way I get a one second 'super-soaker' blast followed by normal jets if I keep the lever pulled. Otherwise I think you would really need a bigger washer bottle!

I am planning on doing this to my Disco 2 at some point too, it was a really effective system :)