D2 - fitting steel bumper: What did you do with the washer bottle?

ThreeSheds

Looking for information please...

When fitting a front steel bumper to a Discovery 2 - what solutions have you seen, or did you come up with, for the low-hanging washer bottle problem?

Cheers!

I left mine where it was, (It's gone a while now or I could post you some pictures), But,..... I modded my bumper by adding folded lazy zed section to the underside, it was about 30/30/30, and designed to accept a removable RRC spoiler (It allowed the different shape to be accommodated, although from memory, the factory tow eyes came off). I  did that because I found that motorway performance (not an issue for everyone) was quite badly affected, not only MPG but uplift at the front. I did reckon the main risk was stone damage from the front wheel and to that end I fashioned blinds  out of  pieces of black plastic chemical barrel. Never had any trouble. I reckon the tidiest solution would be another section of wheel arch liner cut to suit the inside with a flat bottom panel. (I know my liner was short but thinking back it may have been damaged?)

All the above refers to the Bearmach winch bumper, which may not be what you have in mind?

16 minutes ago, Blanco said:

All the above refers to the Bearmach winch bumper, which may not be what you have in mind?

Thanks Blanco - I didn't realise it was as little 'droop' as that. I'll probably just leave it where it is then :)

I believe mine is a bearmach one, but was a super cheap noname on Ebay cos of bad paint...

Interesting point about the spoiler... I may try to set up something using the Disco bumper/spoiler.

8 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Dexon 4x4 used to do a modified one to tuck it further up. I assume they still do.

Thanks - and yes they do, but the only one I see is for the pre-facelift D2, and mine is a '53 model...