Pulse Ambulance enging bay fuses

Mark Farrell

HELP please!

1998 Pulse ambulance keeps blowing 40 amp fuse in engine bay fuse box beside heater matrix!

as soon as ignition is switched on it blows

Only thing that I can see not working is internal light in cab area

Can anyone tell me what else this fuse powers as light circuit ok with no short to earth.

any wiring diagrams or other info would be great

Thanks

Is it the factory fusebox or the one added for the ambulance conversion?

Defender workshop (RAVE) manuals are in the technical archive and henk's recent thread on manuals, but if it's part of the extra electrics for the conversion you might need the 130 Ambulance Owners yahoo group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/127-130-ambulance-owners-enthusiasts/info

Factory fitted beside heater matrix , I've fixed the internal light issue so not related.

The only info I can find implies its the glow plug fuse but they seen to work and dash light comes on

do you have any info on std factory or Ambulance adaption fuse layouts

Cheers Mark

I know it is tedious, but have you tried following the affected cable downstream of the fusebox? To blow a 40 amp fuse as soon as you switch the power on suggests a dead short to earth somewhere rather than a particular component fault unless, of course, the component has a dead short. More likely possibility is a cable has rubbed through somewhere and is touching metalwork

Edited by neil110

On 7/19/2018 at 4:32 PM, Mark Farrell said:

do you have any info on std factory or Ambulance adaption fuse layouts

Mark - the Yahoo group guys would most likely have it, I've only got the older Locomotors crash rescue variant which I suspect will be too different to be helpful.