Scotts90

Cashel Forest, Loch Lomond

Got out for a spot of camping with my son in the 90 to try out the roof tent. 

image.thumb.jpeg.83e934f7d74259962fcde246ab12b9c0.jpeg

The British Isles has some beautiful scenery...

image.thumb.jpeg.a3084cd1adaae298d9fdb5c000b750db.jpeg

all within a few hours drive.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5ab1511ca71ec422595b7b3c9629041.jpeg

The tent coped well, I'm glad I reproofed it prior to our trip as it poured down all night. Hopefully we'll get up further North next week for another outing. 

Picked a good spell in the weather - back to normal now :i-m_so_happy:

Looks well, I've never really seen the appeal of roof tents but I suppose folding it up is a lot quicker than trying to take a normal tent down in the rain!

Bah just get a 110 and then you only have to crawl into the back (and in my case compete with two Labs).

DSC_0067.thumb.JPG.e50cb29d9ab8893c893be9f9a827f7cf.JPG

Slowly converting the back to be more configurable, building my own version of Mantec's load system, but stronger :ph34r:. In my defence because I've got L322 seats in both the front and second row the Mantec system won't fit even if I could source it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Retroanaconda said:

Picked a good spell in the weather - back to normal now :i-m_so_happy:

Looks well, I've never really seen the appeal of roof tents but I suppose folding it up is a lot quicker than trying to take a normal tent down in the rain!

I've camped for many years with a normal tent and thoroughly enjoyed it. The roof tent is very easy to live with...cover off, unfold and fit 4 stays. Never timed but less than 5mins and the bedding is already inside. No need to find the smooth or good ground and in the inevitable British downpours being swamped with floodwater isn't a concern. (Been there, done that lol)

Took a trip down to Kirkcudbrightshire last week and although we had the only rooftent it was a green oval nirvana, D3, D4 a few RRS and a couple of defenders were all in our area camping.