Just bought a metal detector

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, Cchase said:

More pictures of the truck rebuild, please! 😉 It looks great.

Haha will do once I get the gearbox done, just recently had a family crisis and had to use some of the gearbox recon money so once I've got it back I can get it done inc more pic's, looking at after Christmas now though :(

Patience is a necessary 'tool' with these trucks. Mine is on jackstands in the driveway while I wait for rear bearings to finish a rear brake renewal. (The ones I ordered did/would not fit - another story for another time!)

Cheers,

C

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, Ghound said:

I love a bit of detecting myself, that Cscope you have there is a PI detector, they don't really discriminate out iron, so you basically dig everything. 

20180724_210618.jpg

Yeah I've only used it twice since buying it at the end of summer so still getting used to it but I really like it and can't wait to do more :)

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, Cchase said:

Patience is a necessary 'tool' with these trucks. Mine is on jackstands in the driveway while I wait for rear bearings to finish a rear brake renewal. (The ones I ordered did/would not fit - another story for another time!)

Cheers,

C

Yeah it's quite annoying when you order the wrong parts, done that a few times :angry:

20 hours ago, Cornish Rattler said:

Yeah it's quite annoying when you order the wrong parts, done that a few times :angry:

The ones I ordered were the right ones, but too small to fit into the stub axle without a big hammer. The supplier and I are having a bit of a discussion right now which is not going well for me.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, Cchase said:

The ones I ordered were the right ones, but too small to fit into the stub axle without a big hammer. The supplier and I are having a bit of a discussion right now which is not going well for me.

Yep deffo something not right there, think there are only two oil seals for a series early ones up to the eighties and late ones for through the eighties same as early Defender's.