Snatch 2A, water in the windows

Sean.

Hello,

I'm after some advice on how to get the water out of the windscreen of a Snatch 2A. This is trapped between the reinforced glass, and the plastic thing on the inside.

I've removed bolts to try and push the glass off / out, and that's not worked. The front windscreen and potentially side windows need to be cleaned. Any suggestions, or anyone done this before?

Regards,,

Sean

Hi supaimpy,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how to get the whole glass unit out, as it's separated :D? I've removed all the bolts I can, and it looks like they are glued in as well with some type of compound. I don't want to break it, but I need to clean it for the MOT.

Any other ideas or suggestions, e.g. heat gun to melt the glue / sealant?

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Sean are you on the following group? Also what is the reg of yours as I may have in service pics of yours.

I know quite a few people including myself who have resolved your problem via the following process:(also listed on the group with photos, just use the search feature and it'll come up)

1 Remove window and frame can be as 1 unit  mainly depends on  how good the sealant is.

2 remove 1/4" plastic sheet from inside face of the said window.

3 then remove the rubber layer from the inside face of the window.

4 refit frame/glass with sickall (if I recall correctly)

Snatch/WMIK Land Rover Club

https://www.facebook.com/groups/snatchlandrover/

Tyler

• 1 month later...

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for the reply. I've managed to break one of the bullet proof glass windows, I know meant to be very strong, erm.... yeah. I found a thin metal chissel worked well, almost had it of and a bolt head fell down in the gap and was cracked against the screen.
I need to look at the front windscreen next, see how I can get that out.
I'm almost thinking of using the soldering iron to melt the plastic out, as it may be quicker.

I'm not a fan of Facebook, and hardly ever use it, in fact getting all my contacts other details to delete it.

Do you know of the left hand window part number? I'd like to get it replaced like for like. I know, should have come to the show, and took one of them, can't till it's MOT is sorted, and the windows need to be done for that.

Thanks,

Sean

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...