Steering Column UJs

How quickly do you go through steering column UJs?

The ones on the 110 are probably 3 years old, Bearmach items (i think), possibly allmakes and need replacing again. 

Land Rover want about £60 per UJ. What brands are you using and happy with?

Yes. I guess its the same thing. Originals would have lasted 20 years, this will be the second or third set in about 8 years. 

Just bite the bullet and get LR parts maybe? Bearmach and britpart both seem to offer oem versions. 

I thought one of mine might be on the way out. I took it off when I removed the body but now, in the vice, I can't find any play. I'd earmarked a pair from SP for £21, which are either Allmakes or Bearmach. Probably I'll stick with my 22 year old ones.

My 90 failed its first MOT under my ownership, about ten years ago, on steering column UJ play (amongst many other things...). I replaced them with aftermarket ones, being young and naive to the realities of what ‘quality’ means in the Land Rover parts world.

After being disappointed that they had more play out of the box than the (presumably original) ones that they replace, I stumped up what seemed like a ridiculous amount of money for a pair of genuine ones which are still on there to this day. 

Genuine will be cheaper in the long run. Assuming the quality is still what it should be.