marktdi

Sheilder bulkheads

Hi im sure you have all seen the new bulkheads by sheilder . Has any one seen one yet or has anyone had any dealings with the company . The bulkheads are on an introductory price that seems very reasonable . I need a new bulkhead but don't want it  for a couple of months due to a house move . But don't want to miss out on the lower price . I have emailed them and they have said if I pay half the price now they will hold one for me at the lower price . Just looking for your thoughts and experiences with the company and the bulkheads .

Thanks Mark

If it is all ok technically then I’d probably think about either a much smaller deposit or getting it now (in spite of house move). Paying half with nothing except a piece of paper might be a bit risky. 

Thanks my concerns are the quality for the money and also the hefty 50% deposit and I've never heard of the company before 

Just looked on the defender2 forum thanks . Doesn't sound good but then again no one has actually seen one in the flesh so to speak 

6 hours ago, marktdi said:

Thanks my concerns are the quality for the money and also the hefty 50% deposit and I've never heard of the company before 

There's been some discussion about their chassis on here, seemed reasonably positive from a quick skim.. 

7 hours ago, marktdi said:

there a sound company, i should know as i got one of there galvy chassis in my back garden and a bulkhead will shorty be ordered. :) 👍

I got a good look at their td5 D2 chassis and it's not without its issues. Solid? Yes. To the quality of the other two main suppliers? Not yet. (I know Marslands don't do d2), there were a few areas of concern on fit and placement but nothing insurmountable. However, at the price point it has saved another otherwise sound Land Rover.

Haven't seen any of their bulkheads, but having seen some of Ashtrees bulkheads I didn't rate their repairs very highly. If it's an all new build then it's all down to how good their jig is!

Thanks guys had a look at there web site thanks and it does look good . I thought the price didn't seem too bad for a brand new galv one . There was someone else doing new bulkheads for series 3 and defender . a sort of universal fit one . Im sure that was 2k and not galved . Cant for the life of me remember who it was though 😂

Pegasus do new ones for series iirc

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice I payed the deposit today after a lot of mulling it over . I think at 999 plus vat it's a good price compared to what good second hand ones are making . I'll report and post pic's once I have it 

I bought four genuine td5 bulkheads from the last batch land rover made in early 2016, for around the same price. Despite some ridicule at spending £4000 on them they have proved a good investment as I have sold two of them recently for £2000 each!