Spare wheel carrier play in joints

roamingyak

My Safari Equip (I think?) spare wheel carrier has served me well - but now all of the joints are loose - the (plastic?) spacers all squashed very flat and there is a fair amount of rattle even when packed with grease. I had thought of making some rubber replacements out of tyre tubes, but thought somebody here might have a better idea?
I need to stop play on the joints as this creates exaggerated pull on the rear door. 
Safari Equip haven't answered my repeated emails so over to the collective wisdom on here ;)

What the others said - over size bolts etc.

I had a simular problem on a wheelcarrier and somebody back in Holland found me some bearings (ex Railway industry, better not ask..) and that solved the problem. Sold the vehicle many, many moons ago and it seems to be going strong. I really hope he never has to relpace them as they'll mbe more than serious money...

The plactic washers / spacers / whatever can be found on Ebay - not sure about the quality. Better cut some from anything quality(ish) plastic like cans etc.