Recaro cross sportster seats

Has anyone put these seats in their defender? I’m wondering thoughts on how comfortable they are and how the removable seats bases workout. 

https://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/part-leather-recaro-pair-of-heated-front-seats-fits-land-rover-defender-90-110.html

i know they’re expensive, but I’m a stupid American and you know how we love to thrown money at our trucks! 

Thanks

1E0EB000-0772-4315-ACDD-4FF71D94B89B.jpeg

I've not fitted these, but in general seats with high bolsters on the base cause issues with steering wheel clearance.  Few aftermarket seats fit without modification.

Would the fancy expensive seats from Exmoor be acceptable?  They look very nice, and you know they'll fit.  Elite MKII. 

I've not looked up how expensive they are, on the grounds that my otherwise healthy heart couldn't cope with the shock, but I'm sure you would fully sate your urge to throw money at your truck.

Should you wish to spend less, then seats from Smart Cars are are a good fit, or so I'm told, and available in the Americas.  Much cheaper, allowing you to spend money on a huge V8 which will cost you a mere 30p a gallon to run (jealous).

Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply. 

These seats are designed with a lower thigh booster which is why I like them. 

I have a set of Corbeaus that do have the higher booster and it does get a bit annoying, but the real rear I want something else is the battery access

Pretty sure these are the similar style recaros as fitted to the Twisted models. Had my butt in one last weekend and ooh they were comfy, they had removable bases similar to OE. If you look at these ones...

https://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/part-suede-leather-heated-recaro-pair-front-seats-fit-land-rover-defender-90-110.html

and scroll through the pics you'll see the base removed, it's a pin/hole set up rather than the rod/clip of standard bases.

Thanks. 

This picture reallly shows it. I hadn’t seen such a good picture before. 

I just checked Twisteds site, I see they sell the same seats with removable bases. 

I wonder if they’re the same seats, or if not, which is a better setup?

So I went with the Recaros with the Defender rails and the removable seat bases from LRI Solutions leather/leatherette.

In my research everyone seems to talk about the SVX seats and how there are different from the Recaro cross sportster, the SVX being better. 

To my eye with the addition of the removable seat bases and seat rails the aftermarket Recaros actually seem nicer. 

CE8C3A63-A998-4AF8-90C0-45CC3E02AA67.png

F01FE556-5F05-4DB5-89CF-8DD1860B779B.png

Very nice, on my shopping list too. The removable bases just make life easier than fixed seats. It's not as if you require access under the seats on a regular basis but it's usually when something has popped a fuse or fault finding you need in there...having to remove an entire seat (or two)would be a pain in the derrière.

Get some pics up once they're installed ;)