fitting 265 r16 tyres to a disco.

Tal

At present I have 225/65 r16 tyres on my disco1 which are ancient and keep going down.  I have some newer wheels with 265/75 r16 tyres and I am wondering if there is any issue with the size difference. I don't want to just put them on and damage something so I am wondering if they will they go straight on or do I need to do something.

There are no modifications on the vehicle. Do you need more info than that?

Cheers Tal

That's a significant difference in diameter, and probably a difference that'll result in fouling of various body parts around the wheel arches unless there are modifications done (like stiffer springs, longer springs etc.).  You also need to consider the offset of the wheels you have now and with the "new" tyres.  Useful site here to help you understand the differences...

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

3 hours ago, Tal said:

At present I have 225/65 r16 tyres on my disco1 which are ancient and keep going down.  I have some newer wheels with 265/75 r16 tyres and I am wondering if there is any issue with the size difference. I don't want to just put them on and damage something so I am wondering if they will they go straight on or do I need to do something.

There are no modifications on the vehicle. Do you need more info than that?

Cheers Tal

What age Disco and is it 3 or 5 door?

Those tyres will fit. But not without a few tweeks. 

Need to know what rims and what sort of offset you are looking at. 

Front bumper end caps and maybe lower spoiler  may foul. As will the rear of the rear arch. 

If you are only on road only then less trimming is needed or just some lift springs. If you want to off road it and flex the suspension you’ll need to ensure they clear at all suspension extremes and steering angles. 

And not all tyres are created equal. Road biased tyres will as a rule be physically smaller than remould MT’s of the same stated size.