New user new 2a owner

2a-Egg

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

Just use one wire on the part, more just makes it less effective.

What current are you running?

Did have one to start, added a few more after 3 hours, will go back to one. 

And I am using a 14v output battery charger. 

Lovely motor is that. She should keep you busy sorting it out. Some very very knowledgeable members here to help you if you get stuck. Helped me loads.

Yes stay away from britpart but also..i have had the odd dodgy bearmach part. When you look at the box, you sometimes find the parts are made in china !!! or the such, so..be careful.

My landy is like the forth bridge, i just get one part sorted and then....something else needs fixing . A constant work in progress, if you will. But we love em.

Dave.

52 minutes ago, skirky dave said:

Lovely motor is that. She should keep you busy sorting it out. Some very very knowledgeable members here to help you if you get stuck. Helped me loads.

Yes stay away from britpart but also..i have had the odd dodgy bearmach part. When you look at the box, you sometimes find the parts are made in china !!! or the such, so..be careful.

My landy is like the forth bridge, i just get one part sorted and then....something else needs fixing . A constant work in progress, if you will. But we love em.

Dave.

Exactly that isnt it. I have just had a failed trip to it as all the pipes id bought for the cooling were all wrong.. Oops

That came up well.  I don't rate Hammerite at all fr chassis or axles, but it does well on engines, in my view.  A couple of coats of black Hammerite "Smooth" will have that looking very clean.  Don't paint the inside - rust prevention is don't by correct application of antifreeze, which also helps prevent limescale and other mineral deposits and lubricates the water pump.  Important stuff, not limited to just its name.

38 minutes ago, Snagger said:

That came up well.  I don't rate Hammerite at all fr chassis or axles, but it does well on engines, in my view.  A couple of coats of black Hammerite "Smooth" will have that looking very clean.  Don't paint the inside - rust prevention is don't by correct application of antifreeze, which also helps prevent limescale and other mineral deposits and lubricates the water pump.  Important stuff, not limited to just its name.

I think who ever has owned this previously didn't know what antifreeze was, as it was not to pretty inside... One coat of smooth black on it and it's back on the engine with the cleaned thermostat in., new gasket and wellsealed. 

I did exactly the same thing .. MANY years ago ( bought the wrong pipe ), however,..all may not be lost!!. An elder land rover enthusiast said to me..Don't throw it away Dave, if you cut the pipe 2 inches from the end and keep the short off cut .. you can then place some stainless tube inside the pipe and then force the short off cut onto it, all you need then is a couple of hose clips and away you go. Not for the purest but... hey ho if it gets you out of trouble and it works. I kept that part in my emergency parts box in the back of the landy for 5-6 years, along with spare fan belts hose clips, cable tie's etc etc etc .The list went on and on. It eventually got used by a stranded landy follower near Mam Tor , Castleton in Derbyshire.

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Lookong at brakes a bit more after coming back from holdiay, and there was what looked like condensation on the master cyl, but is the hydrolic fluid, so will be replacing this. But do it spend an extra £20+ on oem or have the bearmach one thats alot cheaper(both supplied by bearmach).