New user new 2a owner

2a-Egg

Lol. I should know better about rivet counters, I work with steam engines! 

9 hours ago, lo-fi said:

Fair play and kudos for not wanting to chop it about, but even the most die hard of die hard rivet counters any sane, rational green oval fan would have... 

Fixed it :rofl:

12 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

You haven't met my 'friends' over on Morris minors OC forum that swear they have never had a set of points fail on them.

If they think that they are on something strong... Points will fail, parts degrade, fact... 

Floors going back in because I need to use it and well I can't with no floors. Have painted them in matt black to give them a bit of protection, and the rubber matts will go in to. Have put new gear stick rubber on and new hilo and 4*4 knobs on

IMG-20190826-WA0002.jpg

Edited by 2a-Egg

13 minutes ago, steve b said:

You've been busy :) , if you ever need to replace the UJ on the driveshaft they are the same as industrial power transmission units . Have you had a chance to try the timing ?

cheers

Steve b

Truck is on my drive and dpd failed delivery, could of left the strobe in my porch but no.... Also neighbour had all windows open on house and wind would of filled it with the fumes lol not sure they'd be too pleased. Ha

I am now thinking of going back to the original out of factory red for the truck. So will be red with cream roof top and wheels. 

1 hour ago, steve b said:

You've answered the question I meant to add .... So it was Red from new ?  Was it fire Service from new ?

I do like the way you are doing this , slowly while letting your end goal materialise .

cheers

Steve b

I have a feeling it was airfield fire truck. The lid has a square patch so thinking it would of had a beacon on it, there is a hand throttle with 'winch throttle' written on it. And also tyre pressures written on the bulk head to the right of steering wheel. 

Still have so many oil leaks to sort, but not space to do it.. Sucks really hahaha 

Anyone know how to straighten out bumper dents? I have a small one on the top where the winch will sit a very big hit at some point to the under side passenger side and one underside but towards middle of the bumper it's a solid bit if metal though so what caused them must of been solid.. 

Did a quick websearch via the motor museum and got the below back. Would a car go out to a dealer and then onto possible service vehicle? Red just seems an odd original colour for a s2a

Further to your Web Research request the build date recorded for chassis number 241-*****-D is 14th August 1967 and the vehicle was despatched to C H Truman Limited, Nottingham.

It could be an ex-business fire truck , back then many larger factories had their own internal fire trucks . It does look like the original colour on the inside .

Do C H Truman still exist ? they may have archive records.

cheers

Steve b

Just now, steve b said:

It could be an ex-business fire truck , back then many larger factories had their own internal fire trucks . It does look like the original colour on the inside .

Do C H Truman still exist ? they may have archive records.

cheers

Steve b

Been on Google and they seem to have changed names before 67.. Which really confused me haha 

So because the weather is rubbish here this evening, my plans of getting out and about were washed away, I have put a little paint onto the winch, will be doing the main plate in matt black and the working area in silver. 

IMG-20190828-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20190828-WA0021.jpg

3 hours ago, lo-fi said:

Doh! 

The split diaphragm will have been giving a small vacuum leak, as well as leaving you with no vacuum advance. Should run a bit better with that sorted. 

Sounded good after warming up carb set better and timing a little advanced, then it just started spluttering again. That's when I then found the above... All fun and games

10 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Much, much better, well done :)

Took a while due to other commitments but eventually got the parts needed.. The coil to distributer lead us shorter... So moved the coil a little haha.. Funny how having all cylinders firing makes it work hahaha